• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY BD1 Programming - Burn your own chips!

Actually I just posted all my tunes. They're up on my website, and it gets refreshed daily from my tuning laptop. the 8-1-12 tune is in the truck currently, but its too aggressive, I'll be burning the 8-2-12 when I get home this evening. The bins are available here: http://www.dripspeed.com/6.5/BIN/ There are also a few stock BINs from other applications that i use for reference purposes.

Too aggressive how? Also, I'm serious about developing a good economy tune. I would LOVE to get 22-24 consistently on the highway at 65-75 mph and 17-18 around town with my work truck, the "Money Maker" as I just may have to go back to being self-employed as a carpenter/contractor.

too much fuel. egts through the roof, coolant temps spiking. I have a theory on how to go about making a good economy tune (the process), but I would need an assistant, a couple tanks of fuel, and as much flat highway as i could get.

I'm not worrying as much about fuel economy just yet. I'm getting 11ish, back and forth to work. Its 5 miles each way, with 18 stop lights. Extended cab dually truck. I can live with that. I usually dont drive more than 300 miles a month on average. And no, I don't know why I have a giant dually diesel truck when my primary transportation should be a bicycle or golf cart =)

I'm not worrying as much about fuel economy just yet. I'm getting 11ish, back and forth to work. Its 5 miles each way, with 18 stop lights. Extended cab dually truck. I can live with that. I usually dont drive more than 300 miles a month on average. And no, I don't know why I have a giant dually diesel truck when my primary transportation should be a bicycle or golf cart =)

Or at least a diesel Jetta.

Hey, my rig is my DD, too. My commute to work consists of walking 40' and down some stairs from my bedroom to my office. Add 3 minutes if I stop in the kitchen for some coffee on the way. :D :hihi:

Subscribed and have my equipment on the way. My switchable tune from a not to be named seller is having issues, at least it has not been functioning properly. So I am sending it out to be looked at by someone I know.

So I am on my way to tuning for myself and sharing my tuning files after I get half way dangerous. GREAT THREAD.

Boy, looking through this is alot different than what I am used to with EFILIVE. You can manipulate the software a bit to get the graphs and such, but it really isn't that user friendly by comparison. Looking through it though, is there a way to change it from metric units to imperial? And it looks like some of the tables are incomplete, or just haven't been scaled out far enough. If your interested I will use some of my calculators and such I have for EFILIVE and build you up a tune to try out.

Your honesty is very refreshing! :hihi: :thumbsup:

Boy, looking through this is alot different than what I am used to with EFILIVE. You can manipulate the software a bit to get the graphs and such, but it really isn't that user friendly by comparison. Looking through it though, is there a way to change it from metric units to imperial? And it looks like some of the tables are incomplete, or just haven't been scaled out far enough. If your interested I will use some of my calculators and such I have for EFILIVE and build you up a tune to try out.
I'm interested. I've got my equipment on the way as well. I'm sure I don't speak for only myself.

Subscribed and have my equipment on the way. My switchable tune from a not to be named seller is having issues, at least it has not been functioning properly. So I am sending it out to be looked at by someone I know.

So I am on my way to tuning for myself and sharing my tuning files after I get half way dangerous. GREAT THREAD.

Now you're talking!

This is what I wanted when I started this thread. a sharing of ideas, more people involved. Maybe I'll build some kind of BIN repository for us.... Maybe not =)

I was thinking something a little more sophisticated, keep a simple database with description, base image, uploader name.... something awful basic, but nicer than FTP . I just need to take a couple hours and write it all.

I'm interested. I've got my equipment on the way as well. I'm sure I don't speak for only myself.

Give me a little time to get aquainted with the differences, and I will make one to try out. Looking at the base file looks like GM kept fairly close to what they did initially with the DURAMAX, just the 6.5 runs alot more timing. I know that IDI tuning brings a whole different set of challenges to the game with having to balance timing to keep the flame front where you need it along with the heat saturation into the heads via the prechamber whereas an IDI injects directly into the cylinder. I see teh timing runs alot higher in the 6.5 base file(if the BIN file is correct). I know most DURAMAX's will only run about 4-7 degrees of timing at full output whereas I'm seeing low to mid 20's for the 6.5. Timing is key to balancing EGT's VS coolant temps as well(but IDI's are going to soak alot more heat into them simply because of teh prechambers housing the initial combustion event).

Refereshing to see a thread such as this.

As I mentioned< i work in 6.5 OBDII trucks but will willingly answer questions if I can.

Unfortunately, I can't post up and of the software stuff as I don't own the rights to it.

I am looking forward to this, like Great White said, refreshing.

We have a tune library here if you want to share to "Registered Members". Let me know the file format and I'll be sure to make a category if you wish to upload files here.

Back