• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY 5 stud main girdle and measurements with pics...

Mines going to be MUCH beefier than those. I'm mimicing the p400 adding 3" to the block. Biggest difference will be mine will be bolt together rather than one large casting. The main caps will register into the skirt pieces and have an end bolt, the skirt pieces will use the pan bolt holes to bolt it to the block.

I had a couple ideas of my own, using the rectangular design like the ones for sbc, but with vertical edging for a lot more ridged design and would tie into all 20 studs.

Wanted to weigh options before doing it obviously.
Also wanted one that didn’t require align honeing incase someone has a running engine they just wanted to shore up.
Too many places to spend money- haha. Mine would be double the cost of the 3 or 5 hole ones.

The one ak diesel driver is planning would beat mine and stomp these other two into the dirt. We all need more $ to play with...

Mines going to be MUCH beefier than those. I'm mimicing the p400 adding 3" to the block. Biggest difference will be mine will be bolt together rather than one large casting. The main caps will register into the skirt pieces and have an end bolt, the skirt pieces will use the pan bolt holes to bolt it to the block.

If you need high def pics of the P400 unit just let me know...

Thank you for posting these pictures. How about the threaded holes in the block that that is fastened to.....are those a different size or a different quantity from the standard oil pan mounting bolts? It looks similar, I just can't tell for sure. Thanks!

I don't have a stock block striped down right now to compare, the allen bolts are larger than the older pan bolts, not sure of the bolt pattern tho...
Yeah I guess I’m not really looking for the bolt pattern, more just the number of bolts and the size of the bolts. If someone was to make a retrofit bedplate for GM/Optimizer blocks it would be good for comparison’s sake.

Back