• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Decisions on engine options

Do a compression test and then pull the heads. Be sure of what you are putting in before you have to yank it back out say if it has some old glow plugs smashed into the pistons.

No question to put a new timing chain on it before going in...

If you want to go the extra mile, put in a set of timing gears from Leroy. No telling if he'll ever do another run/ batch again and you'll never have to worry about changing chain/ gears or deal with IP timing changing from chain stretch

I also have a brand new chain & gears from my P400 if you're interested, sitting on the shelf here somewhere...

Through Accurate Engines that has the warranty, they would still warranty even though I take apart for a balance job. The downside is that they would assure I get an older block, since they match the VIN with the casting in some fashion. Pretty sure that isn't for me - I don't want to go backward.

I would assume if you gave them a vin from a newer rig and later needed warranty, they would require records of the install, mileage and all showing this vin number and you as the owner! how does it work when the engine is for a farm tractor, rat rod or something they can't lookup!

Back