• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Centrifuge bypass oil filtering system.

Leroy can you install an accurate oil pressure gauge and check pressure with and without the centrifuge. Curious how much if any pressure drop there is. Obviously when warm:)

On last two trucks Ive ran this on there is no drop. I can turn off or on the flow to centrifuge with no change. This is on the dash gauge (close enough for me)

Sigh...no Bueno.(see pic) For future Hummer owners, my body height stock 95n/a. Although I added a turbo I never raised the body- I modified the intake manifold.
There is not enough clearance for ur to go on the oil fill either.
Any Hummer that has a body lift (like for inter cooler) should have plenty of space.

I am going to replace my CDR with a provent, and will need to add a drain for it, when I do I will have to have the centrifuge drain into the same location. Where to fit it off the engine is my problem. Hummers are not space friendly.

image.jpeg

It looks like there is actually room for one there. Does the hood close on those hoses or is there a little room above them?
What acc belt drive system do you have on yours?

The hole in the valve cover is actually underneath the windshield support. The actual measurement exactly 6" from top of the valve cover to bottom of the body, and of corse the engine torques on motor mounts.
So 5 3/4" is all that could fit.

Same serpentine belt drive like a pick up with A/C compressor on driver side.

I bought the provent 200 from Bobbie Martin, but now that I am actually trying to determine placement, not as excited to put it on this oil change.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm trying to figure fitting both on in front of the engine on driverside near remote power steering reservoir?

Working around very expensive Diesel engines, using a centrifuge is a no-brainer. The only reason one is not already in my hummer is trying to figure out where to fit it, and the added install time to install compared to the easy install of a pickup.

My oil fill cap is less than 3" to the hood btw.

I'll make it happen, just not sure how yet-haha.

I see now, would hit body not hood.
I was asking about the belt drive type because I have one set up for the 96-2000 that will bolt to alt bracket and drain to same spot as turbo.

Will you could probably make a bracket and drain back to fuel pump block off/turbo drain for trucks.

Another thought, make a "s" bend pipe or an angled pipe to valve cover to put CF further forward. Looks like you have room forward of CDR.

Relocate my horns, and put a 90 on the radiator to surge vent hose and I think I can fit it off the side of the fan. The t.p. Is 4.5" diameter for referance. Iirc that's the diameter of the cf, right?

The a/c dryer could stay for someone still running the stock system, mine is getting moved when I modify my system- my condensor will be roof mounted like hmmwv red dot system is anyways.

Anyone that ever gets a hmmwv or n/a hummer- lift the body 3". It makes SO MUCH of everything easier to deal with.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegHullo again from Oz, Leroy, attached pic of P400,s we have 2 complete drive trains , also of our terrain tamers, the heads have the blobs of paint and machined holes either side of the bolt holes, one engine has a white sticker with P400 in black thick markings and also stamped P400 in the head end the other no sticker. It appears these engine both have the P400 heads would you agree.Interested in purchasing from you the centrifuge set ups for both engines. The engine in the vehicle you will note has an inlet manifold arrangement not suitable for inter cooling as has the other engine still on the crate.Can you supply or advise where I can purchase the inter cooling manifold arrangement as running with no intercooler in our ambients and heavy going is not an option. I've been away and just got back home hence the delay here.thanks for your assistance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 10
View attachment 48053 View attachment 48054 View attachment 48055 View attachment 48053Hullo again from Oz, Leroy, attached pic of P400,s we have 2 complete drive trains , also of our terrain tamers, the heads have the blobs of paint and machined holes either side of the bolt holes, one engine has a white sticker with P400 in black thick markings and also stamped P400 in the head end the other no sticker. It appears these engine both have the P400 heads would you agree.Interested in purchasing from you the centrifuge set ups for both engines. The engine in the vehicle you will note has an inlet manifold arrangement not suitable for inter cooling as has the other engine still on the crate.Can you supply or advise where I can purchase the inter cooling manifold arrangement as running with no intercooler in our ambients and heavy going is not an option. I've been away and just got back home hence the delay here.thanks for your assistance.
CAC/IC ADAPTER for rear mounted turbocharger, http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/those-of-you-w-rear-mounted-turbo-cac-ic-adapter.44776/

Very cool looking Terrain Tamer. Reminds me of the Hemit (Dragon Wagon)
Yep looks like P400 heads.
In process now (very beginning stages) of making a kit for center mount turbos in Hummer platforms using our ATT turbo.
Will probably offer both IC and non IC options.
I'll be posting more in a new thread soon.

About centrifuge, I could make a kit for you. Do you have enough cab to engine clearance to relocate CDR to oil filler neck?
Also the intake Im starting with is different than yours so will have to confirm measurements between the two. What application is yours off of?

The oilers we purchased new from 65 DP and the two in pics are 2 generation engines for our Oka,s which we have fully custom built to our requirements over the past 6 years, overheating issues have taken service life away from the original set of engines ( they have still done 3 summers in 56 deg c and at present we are focused on every cooling angle we can to squeeze more heat rejection out of the system.Cylinder and dog house temps I have to get right
Will check heights on top of rocker covers in the morning but expect no problem there. Cheers

That is the normal hummer intake manifold coming off the gm6 turbo. Notice the intake bolts are verticle instead of perpendicular to the head face.

If you can get the ATT kit Leroy is assembling now, you will be much happier than with current turbo. I have the current turbo you do, and have driven trucks with the ATT- it's a world of difference. More power and better fuel mileage.

Btw Leroy, I told my wife about an hour ago you are working in the hummer ATT kit and it will soon be for sale. It's ok, I ducked.

Will Notice the crossover though, its about mid manifold. Is that a normal Hummer intake? I have a set now that crossover is to the rear. I want to work with this set, but may need to go to the mid design. Im trying to confirm what they came on and years.

I've seen both on Hummers, only seen rear on hmmwv-but that doesn't mean there isn't some center feed hmmwv. Mine is rear, I got mine from a 99 savana van. So maybe different by van years also?

I think polling on the hummer forum what intake for what year is best.

Can it be as simple as make it fit rear, and extend to center by adding 4" silicone hose/ pipe?

Back