• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bit the bullet/Jumped the fence

Canadian Rigger

Recruit
Reaction score
Heath flash on the way, TM & lift pump...... my 96 is such a dog, gawd i hope this helps lol, max fuel i've ever seen is 59mm, hopefully this puppy will wake up a bit........

Whats the best crank out there now since i'm not keeping up, i may need a new one soon...

I don't have time for that right now, but i'm going to get on there ass real quick since it was suppose to be done on the 15th and no calls yet.

Have a scat in my 00 engine, was wondering if there was better.

Russ, I think I heard of a forged crank coming, but haven't seen it where to get one yet, the GEP crank is supposed to have some improvements, not sure just what those are or where to get them, for now I think the Scat is the best readily available crank on the market.

Well, I definitely know the Scat is less expensive than OEM GM. I priced out a new GM crank, and it was $850, -plus freight.

The Scat was $550-ish to my door.

I was not overly impressed with the grind job on a couple of rod throws, -too much taper (around .0004").

I took it to a respectable crank guy and made him sweat! He was able to get all the taper out of it fortunately.

He said that that's the way the Scat cranks are, -some are ground great out of the box, -others not so much. He said that material-wise though, -they are great.

Well this is my second Scat in that engine, on the first one a counter weight hit the block. (or so i'm told but i did see the grind marks on the block where they tried to make it fit)

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well, i put in the new ECM today and can honestly say WOW, what a diff, great job to the boys at Heath, you get 2 thumbs up from me.

TM i'll put in later, enough fun for 1 day..., now i'm going to have to get that darn EGT sensor fixed!

Oop's, spoke to soon, codes P0216, 1214 & 1643 keep returning......
Never had any codes with the old ECM....

sorry for the ignorance, but what do those codes MEAN?

I'm away from my books, in Ms I'm in Ga

There is a code "cheat sheet" in FAQ over on old site, this is a new computer I have I don't have my p/w access there on here, so you could look it up to satisfy curiosity, and maybe copy/paste what I wrote there to here.

Russ do you have optic bump, IIRC 1216 is timing out of range, this on a S to F reflash, some bugs happen in those they are unique over straight F to F flashes, call Heath let em know what you got, they will sort it for you.

Oop's, spoke to soon, codes P0216, 1214 & 1643 keep returning......
Never had any codes with the old ECM....

P0216 Injection Timing Control Circuit

P1214 Injection Pump Timing Offset

P1643 Wait To Start Lamp Control Circuit

The 1214 is because your new PCM has no offset in it. As for the 0216 can't help ya there.

I bet if you do the TD Offset learn thing, all of them go away...

I'll buy the beer if I'm wrong!

Heck, I'll buy the beer if I'm right ... :)

I have had the GL4 since before it was available to the masses....no codes....not even the WTS light code....S to F flash...

Russell - Call Bill...he'll fix it

I have emailed Bill, just waiting for a response to the why at the moment. I did do the TDCO relearn with AE scanner, don't know whats wrong with that thing but it no longer reads TDCO to let me know where its at, but resets it - isn't that stupid, might be a glitch, i may upgrade to the next version but that'll cost since i think i'm outta my free update period.

Seems someone owes me a beer.

Back