• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bit the bullet/Jumped the fence

I re-did the KO-KO routine, still no success.

I did a TDCO relearn with the AE 6.1. The MIL turned off, but the DTC 1643 comes back as soon as I erase it.
As long as the laptop was hooked to the PCM, the MIL was off. It lights on again as soon as I disconnect the laptop.

I will mail Bill again after the Bonneville event---

The 1643 code is caused by an issue with the Wait to Start lamp circuit. Usually caused by failed glow plugs, loose terminals on glow plug relay, loose ground connections at the battery(s), loose grounds at the block, loose grounds at the rear of the engine.
A quote from Bill in my email for that code and some other helpfull information for my other troubles. I'll give it all a shot and then let ya'll know. Codes or no codes this 6.5 has come alive!

FWIW I recieved an e-mail a day or two ago announcing that AE 6.2 is out.

Not sure what the updates are, or it would even help the situation at all, but just wanted to throw it out in case.

I got the email, all i know is after a period of time the software won't work if you upgrade to the new version otherwise you'd have it free for 10-20 years and the newest version to boot, if you never upgrade your version will work forever, i made the goof of upgrading already a few times as each version came out, then paid a few bucks to activate the new stuff, but its been awhile now and haven't needed the software and then discover the TDCO doesn't display on the version i have. I'm sure its been long enough that i'll have to pay again now, sucks but i'll do it just so i don't have to pay a shop to check shit for me. Plus i have the bonus of helping out friends in need for a beer.

Well i upgraded to the new version of AE, it has all the readings i needed, found out my TDCO is -2.46, no wonder i got codes. Seems the pump needs a little movement and i need the time to get r done.

Seems someone owes me a beer.

Darn. I've been trying to get through Nickleback Country for a long time. When I finally do, I bet you'll be on the road.

Stopping for Beer just seems like a natural thing to do. I'll work on it some more.

:)

On edit - do I get bonus points for guessing your timing was out? Nah... didn't think so.

You can get a forged crank through Peninsular Diesel.

Actually i called them last week to check on a price. They just got them in, apparently they are very good quality, and a decent price (compared to GM prices)- he wasn't sure yet but he figured they would ship for around the 800 dollar mark.

I honestly haven't done anything with it yet, no proper tools and a bit lazy i guess. I'm pretty sure moving the pump a touch will pretty much fix it all but its been running so damn good i'm not touching it yet. I just ignore the light for now.

Back