• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big Rigs. What do you prefer

More T800 please

This is when they were building the I-540 extension, outer loop, around Raleigh in NC. I hauled quite a few loads of the green iron to 'em. It was pre-fabbed baskets made of re-bar. They used it for reinforcing the deck of the road.

TMC 007.jpgTMC 009.jpgTMC 008.jpg

Truck paper Ad

GMC General. Wouldn't mind having this truck. 400 horse big cam Cumapart. 13 speed. It'd look good pullin' a skateboard. :)

img.axd

^^The pic went away.. I saved the set to my computer but they're only viewable by MS-IE. Pic and fax viewer can't draw them and they won't display on the forum. Hmmm.

Anyway, a newer model TMC truck- the Peterbilt 388's are in the fleet now. Have been for a while. Different lights, slanty-er hood, meatier stacks, a few more guage options, replaced the beloved 379.

S7300036.jpg

388 replaced the 378 and 389 replaced the 389, right? 121bbc(388) to 131 bbc(389)?

388 replaced the 378 and 389 replaced the 389, right? 121bbc(388) to 131 bbc(389)?

There's a crap load of models from Pete, huh?

388 replaced the 379 119". I think that is what the 63" unibilt sleepers were on. (TMC used the 63" sleeper)

389 replaced the 379 127".. I think?

Heck I dunno.. I haven't been following 'em that close anymore, or pointing 'em down the road... :D

bump

Any other big truck pics to share? I'm starting to run out of my own.. They're kinda ordinary and boring but it is what it is...

Here's a few old Roadway trucks I found on the interwebs.. The company my Dad retired from with 35 years and over 3 million miles.

roadwaymackumodel.jpgroadway_white_road_boss_october_1977.jpg

Pic from summer

2012-08-30_06-29-26_667.jpg

Not our trucks but I like KW's new rims

redkw.jpg

also like this color burgundy

burgundykw.jpg

saw the Lucas Oil camera crew truck this summer by us as well.

2012-08-20_10-51-17_501.jpg

2012-08-20_10-50-55_167.jpg

We'll be getting a new trailer to replace our Northern silage trailer shortly. Waiting for pricing on ordering a new 4284 Trail King Super Hi Lite. If it ends up too high we'll just go buy the new 4684 that is left over that is on their lot. We needed to trade up to a true belt trailer as we now haul feed to our new 600 cow dairy that is about an hour away by truck. We also haul bedding and other products with it so we needed a trailer that cleaned out well, sealed up tight, was lightweight and had a tarp. Trail king offers a 63" wide belt which unloads very quickly for when we are chopping and such. Below is a picture of the 4684, whatever we end up with I'll be sure to get a picture of it then.

46841_zps91d078d6.jpg

4684_zps6f45b7a6.jpg

We also ordered a new Alumaline 31' cattle trailer to replace our 24' Featherlite now that we have a longer distance and more cows to haul. We're planning to add another Duramax, but this time getting a dually with a flatbed to strictly sit on trailers mostly the cattle trailer. Our featherlite is still for sale and will be for two more weeks, at that point its just getting traded in.

The freightliner was about to leave the farm. We we're looking at some newer KW's to replace it since we run on the road with it now more than we had planned and it was getting a little tired, but then it decided to break a ring. Should be getting it back in the next couple days with a complete inframe, head, turbo, injectors and new jakes. We just wanted to do the basic overhaul but the cost of inspecting the head was 3/4 the cost of getting a new one. The turbo wasn't much money and was still original, two of the injectors were bad, and the jakes have been poor ever since we got it, they were down to hitting on only one cylinder. The plus side of a detroit is that it is cheap to rebuild. Oh well, the truck may be rough to drive, but the trans is less than two years old, as is the clutch, the radiator was just put on, just got king pins and wheel bearings this summer, power divider was just rebuilt this fall and it has all new tires on it. The tires I had planned to take off for the new truck anyways. We'll keep looking throughout this year but probably wont start looking hard until next winter at the earliest, but if something comes along thats too good to pass up we'll have to entertain it. Since we will be keeping the truck and going to be selling it in the future, I have been polishing up some wheels for the drives which are currently steel, need to find some air cleaners (mostly for dusty fields) and will maybe go junkyard diving for another stack bracket. Just a few things to dress it up and make it a little more appealing to people looking to buy it. I also have a big overhaul for the wet kit plumbing planned. Its a mess under there. Its a 4 line kit, but we no longer need the 4 line setup, just 2.

We run Michelin on most everything now. Put new XZA 3+ Steers on it with centramatics, and all new Drives as well. Michelin X-Works XDY's. Can't wait for some mud to play with them.

Heres a pic of the drives.

20121106_132112.jpg

I know it sucks because I know its going to end up looking bad, and then Ill want to polish it, and that will take forever.

May try some opticoat 2.0 on it.

Update on our trailer's. Got the 31' Alum-Line Cattle trailer a little while back. It's been okay, the service has left a lot to be desired and the quality is hit or miss, already has enough little things broken. Had issues with the hydraulic brakes as well. Dad liked it because of the floor style and the price. I like the Wilson's due to the riveted design and we may try one next time depending on how the Alum-Line holds up. We ended up selling our old 05' Featherlite 24x8 on Craiglist.

Finally got somewhere on the belt trailer. After waiting a few weeks for Trail King's new computer system to get its bugs out we were able to get a quote on a new Trail King Super Hi-Lite 4284. The salesman had the two 4684's he wanted to move and would come close in price, but we did not want the extra length. We don't need it and maneuverability is important for getting in and out of fields, the 4284 is already going to be less maneuverable than our current trailer. We had a local farmer interested in our Northern so we wanted to get the ball rolling, called the salesman to place the order yesterday and he informed me that we would not see the trailer until September if we ordered now. That would be okay with us, but the person interested in our trailer would want it before then. So I did a quick search again and much to my surprise I found a 2013 4284 with the specs we wanted and then some. The only downside was that the company selling it was in Washington. It would be a bit of a haul but our neighbor would jump at the opportunity to go get it. I called them on it and learned it was actually still sitting on Trail King's lot in Fargo and was waiting to get sent to ShurLoc or TRS for a tarp to be installed. He sent me the specs and pricing which all looked good to me, then we checked with the guy interested in our trailer. We settled on a price to sell ours for and committed to the new trailer. The trailer we are getting has a couple extra options on it that we were not going to order. The big ticket item is the electric/hydraulic controls with wireless remote. I was quoted $5-6,000 for this option on a new trailer and after making a few phone calls decided I would install my own kit. Force America could build me an electic/hydraulic valvebody for $2,000, then all I would need to do is some different mounting, different plumbing and add a wireless remote setup to actuate it. I figured a little under $3,000 plus my time. We need the wireless controls for chopping, otherwise it is just simply too slow. We have air/hydraulic controls on the Northern that are run by switches in the cab. The other two minor additional options it has are centrifuge drums and extra LED's. The options it has that we would've ordered anyways are hydraulic knife gate, 46,000lb Hendrickson Air Ride set forward 20" with underride gaurd, rear D-rings for recovery, Duralite hubs, all aluminum wheels, 64" dual drive belt, and a full width rear mudflap. It currently has no tarp and out of the multiple choices, I went with a Shurco electric tarp which also comes with a wireless remote. Due to the additional options the trailer ended up being a couple grand higher than the one we were going to order, however we were able to get a substantially higher amount for our old trailer having a committed private buyer versus what they would've given us trade in. Should be taking the T600 out to Fargo in two weeks to get it. I'll get some pictures then.

Below is a picture and a link to the listing with more pictures.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4200497

img.axd

Nice.. Definitely 'food' grade. Ya can eat off it!

Speaking of food grade I forgot to add that we had to purchase two more milk tankers. We started up another dairy at a location 60 miles from here back in December. Bought an 01 6500 gallon air-ride tanker when we first went online with it and just bought another one last week to keep up with the amount of milk they are making. That farm is setup for direct ship and they may be going that route soon. Currently they use a similar setup like at the home farm where the milk is transferred from the bulk tanks to the trailer, similar process that farms use when they have a milkman pickup their milk. If not for this system we would need at least one more possibly two more tankers to keep up.

The belt trailer is nice looking. The 2013's I have seen look very dull compared to the others I have seen. The others I saw over the summer were all polished to a mirror shine. Maybe the dealers did it for shows, or maybe Trail King went away from it. I just got all of my polishing wheels and compounds a couple weeks ago and have been honing my skills on some less than important things, going to start on the trucks tanks and wheels as time permits as well as the tanker wheels and fenders. Might have to tackle the belt trailer too, looks like a lot of acreage to cover though.

A shinny polished trailer just screams of being very clean and pure and leaves you with a good feeling. Nice Vinny. Thanks for sharing.

Back