• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big Rigs. What do you prefer

Looking at an 07 T600B right now. Ya I wanted a W9 but gotta start somewhere, cant jump up to the big leagues right away. The T600 is the same firewall back anyways, just doesn't have the nice long hood, or as nice of ride, and not as easy to work on motor, but all still way better than anything else. Good Fuel economy too, and you really can see out of those things. Took our main driver over to the dealer yesterday and we test drove it, but it was being transferred as somebody was putting a deposit down on it at a different location. However they just got in an identical truck from the same company with 40,000 less miles, and it was in a little better shape, same price. So we drove both. Both are too nice, especially compared to the freightliner, but they are spec'd perfectly and are in our price range.

They both are identical, heres the specs.

2007 T600B
C13 430HP w/jake lifetime economy is 6.7mpg with 38% idle time.
13spd OD
3.36 Rears
22.5LP Michelins 70-80% on drives
All aluminum wheels inside and out
AG380 suspension
230" Wheelbase
Air slide 5th
Full fairings
62" Flat-Top Aerocab/Aerodyne
Diamond non VIT interior. (I asked the salesman the difference on the VIT as I hadn't always understood. He said its for the bigger sleepers, they put doors on the cabinets and put in a better insulation package, so if you dont get the VIT you have to make sure to order the insulation package seperate, which they did on these trucks. He said they do not do VIT on the 62". The diamond interior is beautiful IMHO.
Dual sleeper doors both sides with windows in both larger
Espar bunk heater, NITE no-idle A/C system
Power Windows/Locks/Mirrors
Daylite Doors
Sunroof
Rubber Floor (a plus for us)
Auto-Greaser
Dual spotlights
618,000 on the original one we looked at that may be sold. 578,000 on the one were looking at now.
Asking around 49,000

Overall they are very clean trucks that they originally sold, so they have all records. Both ran very nice. Our test drive route were some of the roughest roads around here. Very comfortable trucks. We wanted a day cab but after seeing and driving these ones with the shorter flat-tops, a sleeper doesn't sound too bad. Better ride quality, more room to put our stuff, and we always have the bunk there in-case we would need it. After talking to some people the flat-tops hold their value once their get up there in miles because farmers want them for hauling hoppers.

Dad is in miami right now, but I think I will be going over to put a deposit on it so he can look when he gets back.

Heres a few pictures of the one that is pending sale. The one we drove was a little nicer.

Attachments

• P1101452.JPG
    P1101452.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 5
  • P1101445.JPG
    P1101445.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 3
  • P1101444.JPG
    P1101444.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P1101439.JPG
    P1101439.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 4
  • iterior.jpg
    iterior.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 5
  • P1101428.JPG
    P1101428.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 7
I got there just I'm time. One of the other salesman was about to write a deal on it. Got the deposit down now just waiting for dad to get back for final approval.

578,000 miles doesn't really scare us at all especially on an 07. We knee we couldn't afford to touch a newer truck with under 400,000 miles that's for sure.

We will see what the oil analysis and dyno show though. Could be wore out, could be pristine. As long as those tests come back good well be in good shape.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Flat top t600, cool. Different than the condos you see around..

Any headache rack? Looks like it could have tugged a flatbed at one time- rear fenders, flat top etc.

Does it have switches for trailer air dump?

If it has a drive axle air dump switch I wouldn't use it.. (fenders :eek:)

The tests came back perfect. Strong on power, blowby was well within spec , the bottle test was perfect as well (for cooling system). Oil analysis showed all levels well within spec. Service history didnt show any major issues, so we are buying it. they still have to detail it but ill post pictures up when we get it.

It used to haul tankers. And thats what we will be hauling. no trailer air dump that I saw.

Never had a problem with fenders on the tractor as long as they are installed properly and the correct fender is picked for the tire/suspension setup.

The tests came back perfect... It used to haul tankers. And thats what we will be hauling. no trailer air dump that I saw.

Never had a problem with fenders on the tractor as long as they are installed properly and the correct fender is picked for the tire/suspension setup.

10-4 good looking truck. Take care of her.

Will do thanks. Hits the road Thursday if its ready. Didn't license it for February. Will get a pic once its all polished up lettered and hooked up.

Trying to find some more work for the trucks now. This new one will get about 4000 miles a month on it hauling the milk which it hauls about 20 times a month with a 5-6 hour round trip. We weren't going to put a wet kit on it which limits it for a lot of the stuff we could do with it. Maybe we will put one on it afterall. Don't really want to get too many miles on the freightshaker because we pulled it off the road to hopefully avoid an overhaul within the next few years.

On a side note I figured a little bit out in my kW.

It is a 1973 W923 I guess. Came with an NTC290 small cam which it still has however the block is stamped 76 so maybe it was replaced. Came with an RTX910. I can't remember if the tag was that model or not. I don't k ow why it would've been changed though.

The cab has newer toggle switches and the newer hvac cover which I was told didn't come till early 80s. The vin on the cab doesn't match and is listed as a replacement cab sold in 2004. But the previous owner said they never put one on it and owned it then they thought. Maybe the vin got reused I don't know. I'm guessing maybe the truck was rolled or something. I don't know.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Another Pete.

Tricky load, coiled rod. Example of 'choke-strapping'...

IMG_5529_D783A2BBD262C.jpg

Somewhere in Kansas. Been a while, can't remember the town. Load of Griffin cast iron pipe from Council Buffs Iowa. THE quintessential flatbed load- loved hauling pipe.

If you'll notice the front bumper on the T-800... A 'driver' decided to shear it off for me at a steel mill (Majestic Steel, Bedford Hts, Ohio).. I said gee thanks...now HERE, talk to my fleet manager... :agreed::hello:

P1010067.jpgP1010066.jpgP1010068.jpg

do/did you drive for TMC?

I passed one of their trucks today that made me look twice. It was a green 386 pete, the truck and trailer both looked like they just came out of a snowstorm, but they were headed north and its 80* here haha. I have heard TMC is cracking down on spending though.

do/did you drive for TMC?

I passed one of their trucks today that made me look twice. It was a green 386 pete, the truck and trailer both looked like they just came out of a snowstorm, but they were headed north and its 80* here haha. I have heard TMC is cracking down on spending though.

Yep. Some lease onto TMC for their load board- Owner Operators. TMC has felt the pinch just like every other trucking company...

Nice T800 man. Always love a good lookin rig. Especially with a load behind it!

Company truck. I just aimed it down the road. ;)

Fiberglass roof insulation, used my lumber tarps which were BRAND NEW at the time.. I wasn't about to pull off the tarps onto that mud pit.. Went down the street and borrowed a nice paved parking lot to yank 'em. :thumbsup:

Whole load weight, 7000 lbs. IIRC

P1010126.JPGP1010127.JPGP1010128.jpg

Back