• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big Rigs. What do you prefer

Add only 8000 for the trailer itself, a 7000 lb. load wouldn't be so bad.

Now let's talk about a SINGLE ITEM weighing 52,000 lbs concentrated inside of FOUR feet.. Not counting the trailer..

TMC used probably the lightest skateboard that could handle that kind of load within the 80,000 GCVW. The Benson 524.

Wish this pic was better. The scenery was nice, along US2 in the U.P. of Michigan. Town was Manistique IIRC.. All I had was a low tech digital camera at the time and it sucked when doing low light shots..

Right beside Lake Michigan. Chicken lights.

It was a nice drive.

P1010129.JPG

Same load as post #9. Lotsa big truck trailer axles. Closer pic.

They just kept stackin' 'em... :skep: Sure they'll Ride...:skep:

P1010114.jpg

Hmmm, if I can recall, not so much.. Roughly 25,000 lbs. Maybe half of the Max I could haul with that particular truck/trailer setup...

Load of sailboat fuel: ;)

TMC-TRANSPORTATION-WITH-TRA.jpg
That's a beauty right there!

Those 387 Pete's (pic) are a Cadillac. Only rode in one of 'em. You could hold a square dance between the seats. :D They were a little over a thousand pounds heavier than the 379 short hood- which for the extra room, wasn't bad.

While I'm here in the warehouse, I'll have to keep an eye out on the loading docks. There are a couple guys that deliver here often that have a couple real nice rigs

Bad day out

Found this one.. If the dude standing there is the driver- we could very well call him by his new name: Lucky SOB

Don't know any details, but I'd say somebody forgot some key load securement. On a Conestoga, you can't just slide the Hanky and Go.. :nonod::hihi: Notice the bulkhead/headboard didn't really help one BIT. Usually the coil will shear the cab right off on a bad crash.

There's three ways us flatbedders load coils, suicide, shotgun and eye to the sky (skidded). Can you guess which way this one is loaded??

(other than the Wrong way, haha)

attachment.php

Found this one.. If the dude standing there is the driver- we could very well call him by his new name: Lucky SOB

Don't know any details, but I'd say somebody forgot some key load securement. On a Conestoga, you can't just slide the Hanky and Go.. :nonod::hihi: Notice the bulkhead/headboard didn't really help one BIT. Usually the coil will shear the cab right off on a bad crash.

There's three ways us flatbedders load coils, suicide, shotgun and eye to the sky (skidded). Can you guess which way this one is loaded??

(other than the Wrong way, haha)

attachment.php

That is the only way I have seen them loaded around here.

Back