• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big Rigs. What do you prefer

that load thinks its pretty hot shit. :D

they have belt trailers in idaho, but they are primarily configured to haul potatoes, so much lower sides, and a v-bottom. they love on-board power-packs, basically a honda gas engine running a hydraulic pump. they also have electric motor driven on board hydraulics, and plug into a big cord at the spud cellar. I honestly dont think I have ever seen one driven off a wet kit on the tractor, all self contained in one way shape or form. it does make it much quicker to swap trailers when a semi-tractor is broke down and you got 2 trailers and 1 truck.

I guess for articulating through terrible terrain, the Trinity Eagle Bridge is well respected, and IIRC it is made in Boise, Idaho.

do you guys need the high sides to keep from cubing out before grossing out? what all do you haul with them?

Tater trailers are popular here too. They want very narrow belts which works good for their equipment. We haul culled potatoes and feed them to our cows.

Around here wet kits are on a ton of trucks. I dont remember the last self contained belt trailer I saw. With a tater trailer it would probably work, but we are trying to move a belt twice as wide and much faster. We run a 30gpm pump on the truck which lets us unload very fast but takes power. I dont think a pony pack could produce that. Were always unloading in remote areas so electric doesnt work.

The salesman did say Trinity makes a damn good tater trailer.

We need the size for cubic yards. This one holds 72 cu yards. When we are hauling bedding, cottonseed or chopping silage we need it. When hauling corn, distillers, canola meal and other denser by products we dont.

That's a great looking rig! 9 mpg? That's damn good for a big rig, but bob-tailing and hauling an empty trailer helps a lot I suppose.

Cool setup, especially with the remote control. Pretty soon it will go off your smartphone!

That's a great looking rig! 9 mpg? That's damn good for a big rig, but bob-tailing and hauling an empty trailer helps a lot I suppose.

Cool setup, especially with the remote control. Pretty soon it will go off your smartphone!

Yeah my neighbor said I shoulf get over 11 bobtailing at 63mph. He runs a trucking company and runs T660s and just got his new T680. He has his guys run 63mph and gives them a good fuel economy bonus every month.

We run 70mph but only do short hauls and time is more important. So I didnt think 9 was bad even for being that light because the amount of change in fuel useage from 65-70 is huge.

Theres already companies that run the tarps and such through phones. Honestly I kind of like the remote. It can be dropped, ran over and rained on without any issues. Plus it always works and the battery lasts, unlike a phone.

Trailers been working nice so far. Farmers are liking that I can bring an extra 10,000lbs of bedding now too.

I really really like the looks of this truck although Im generally more of a sleeper door/window fan. Its at one of our dealers other locations. Only issue is the 102k price tag.

Couldnt get a big picture so heres a link to the listing.

http://wisconsinkenworth.com/used/Detail/1724

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368857768075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368857768075.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
Yep that's cool. Good tanker or flatbed hauler. End dump too. I didn't see a wet line, though. Really like the newer KW dashboard.

I like the new dashboards too except for the radio location. Its soooooo faaaarr away. Doesn't matter what height you are, if you are short the seat will be forward but your arms are shorter so you still have to reach way over for it. I'm tall and sit with the seal all the way back in the sleeper and would mount it even further back if I drove it more. If a reach my arm out with my back against the seat, the radio is like 3' away.

Simple fix though, good excuse for a new head unit. Just ordered one with a remote, ipod hookup and bluetooth with external mic. Well see how it works out, we all still have Blue Parrot headsets anyways. The built in blue tooth may work in the KW, but I am not thinking it will work in the freightshaker.

Big load of lime from today haha. It's actually 22 ton, just looks really small inside this trailer. Its all the way to the back because they overfilled me by 13,000 so I had to unload that much onto the ground, thus moving the entire load back.

Then you probably were overloaded per axle (scale) on the trailer after that, but what are you gonna do, right?... Lime is like a big ROCK. Very dense stuff.

Ida probably dumped it all off and said 'DO-OVER' :D

Then you probably were overloaded per axle (scale) on the trailer after that, but what are you gonna do, right?... Lime is like a big ROCK. Very dense stuff.

Ida probably dumped it all off and said 'DO-OVER' :D

Yes I was. Dont have actual weights but had over 90psi in trailer suspension which is well over 40klbs and only 30psi in the tractor. If I wouldve had to go far I wouldve dumped at least the majority of it so they could get some on the drives.

Goimg back for another load tomorrow. Hopefully they get it closer this time, i do realize they are used to loading dump trucks though.

Not trying to tell you how to run your equipment but, tell the loader guy not to 'belly load' you either.. (all in middle) If anything, a little more over each tandem, less in the middle.

Running dumps with high sides you have to watch 'em real close too. They'll keep stacking it. Lime and limestone dust (some call it screenings) can get you in real trouble. (you know this ;))

Not trying to tell you how to run your equipment but, tell the loader guy not to 'belly load' you either.. (all in middle) If anything, a little more over each tandem, less in the middle.

Running dumps with high sides you have to watch 'em real close too. They'll keep stacking it. Lime and limestone dust (some call it screenings) can get you in real trouble. (you know this ;))

That was actually how he loaded it but in order for me to get the gross down I had to unload everything that was over the trailer tandems.

I know they said it wasnt his normal loader (980c versus the 988g that was busy) and I noticed he couldnt get the bucket emptied completely but I noticed he had a load scale it seemed so maybe it was just an accidental last flick of the stick that put it overboard. I know the 15k I unloaded didnt look like much on the ground.

I can see plenty of guys stacking them to full. I was a little tense the entire time. Quarry roads arent really setup for long trailers around here because everything is hauled by quads. Ive seen some videos of belt trailets being split in half by bad operatora loading them. One nice thing though is the Flex Bows, hit them with the bucket.and they spring back, does create a false sense of security though and the wrong guy might take it too far. Plus the center bow does not flex and is a structural support for the trailer.

Hopefully he gets it closer tomorrow. Might have to get some wet distillers and wet sawdust tomorrow as well. Im liking not having to clean anything out between all of these products.

One down side to electtic tarps, pain to open manually. Our main truck for it was down so I grabbed the KW to go get some dry distillers. The way they described it, it seemed much faster and easier to wire in a power supply for the tarp to the KW than to go through the work of converting it to run manually. Apparently Shurcos plug is different than a lot of the standard two prong plugs so I just rewires the trailer and trucks to a more common one as I ordered and airpoweline with the tarp control in it for the main truck.

The Shurco I run (on a quad axle) is pretty simple. It's like a typical winch motor, all you do is reverse polarity to go the other way. Takes a lot of current and 4-6 gauge wire then a heavy center off momentary switch. For you it would be a lot of wire and probably a big Anderson power pole connector up front with the other pigtails.

Switch:
WP_20130504_014.jpgWP_20130504_011.jpg

Thats kind of how this one is, just wireless. Uses 4 gauge as well.

They did better yesterday but had the normal loader. Not even two buckets to fill it. Had it at 79k.

uploadfromtaptalk1370058785328.jpg

They have a big hole in the ground. The other side of the road has one that is huge compared to most you will see in wisco.

The side I load on.

uploadfromtaptalk1370059125171.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370059152870.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370059170299.jpg

The other side.

uploadfromtaptalk1370059193470.jpg

Hauled some more distillers today. Different ethanol plant though. Thought I took a picture of their dry distillers loading machine but I guess I only snap chatted it. Got a couple pics of the wet load though.

uploadfromtaptalk1370059268211.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370059281803.jpg

Finally got underway chopping the last few days in between storms. Raining again now though. Got 250 acres of rye and triticale done and 300 acres of hay. 900 or so acres left this crop yet.

I got a gopro hero3 the other night, so ecpect some neat videos of harvest and such later on.

Unloading some triticale

uploadfromtaptalk1370476357156.jpg

Renders frameless end dumps unsafe and obsolete... even traditional end dump 5th wheel trailers. Personally witnessed an end dump tip over from a stuck load. Not good.

Ive seen too many flip over as well. With chopping there are plenty of times you find yourself in areas that arent ideal for end dumps.

End dumps are still better for dirt and aggregate work but otherwise a belt is pretty universal but comea at a price.

Yes definatley getting our use out of it, went to Cargill yesterday for a load of canola meal, saved $20/ton going to the place 3hrs away versus 1hr. Got stuck in the massive storm on the way home though. Also get our mineral/protein premix from a different Cargill location, our nutritionist works through them.

Canola meal.

Back