• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big name tuners are no longer selling "off road/race" tuning

Friend has a '71 F100 with a 347sbf. He couldn't get a piece of exhaust pipe sent to CA for it. The laws are draconian and absurd. Hopefully the car guys start to learn what us gun owners/dealers have known forever.
Consider, the same four families have run Commiefornia into the crapper for many many decade's now.
SEE:

Just curious if this is the original EFI live? Or is it the newer restricted version?
Is price any good?

Just curious if this is the original EFI live? Or is it the newer restricted version?
Is price any good?

EFI live didn't put restrictions on US users till the 11 and up trucks. And that was on their editing software. That's the Autocal so it will be preloaded with the stuff you want. Price dosen't look bad for what your getting.

The DSP is really easy to do. You just add those wires into PCM connector. They come prewired with the pins on the switch wiring. The instructions will tell you which ones to put them in.

Autocal is preloaded tunes. You can download the editing software from EFI live but you will need to purchase the V2 to do your own custom tuning.

A guy near me has a Predator tuner for LBZ (and I'm almost certain LLY also) for sale Jeff. I have been really satisfied with mine. I've run it for 230k on the 85 tune. Same one Nick was originally running. In case you're interested he wants 200 for it.

The ideal is to have a vehicle which makes its own clean power. The current plug-in electric idea is at best a half baked solution as (at this time) the source of energy might come from a dirty generator and the vehicle's owner truly does not have a choice where this energy originates.

Toward thoughts of the EPA going after the bigger tuners as the big tuners have the money, can see that perspective. At the same time, am not sold that the EPA is doing anything other than applying its limited resources to where they can get the biggest bang for the staffing-buck. The bigger tuner's ability to afford the penalty is likely more a secondary thought. For some perspective / analogy here, I have met Forest Rangers (law enforcement) whom have over 300 square miles (Yes, MILES) as their *personal* territory (nobody else, just that *one* Ranger). And have met local LE where the coverage is 3 per ~20 square miles where the population is rather dense. So, no wonder some crimes go unsolved. Bringing this to the EPA, while I do not have direct knowledge of their staffing, I find it likely that they too are getting the squeeze. So, Yes, the bigger tuners are a good place for the EPA to start as it sends a clear message to the smaller players that it is a matter of time and the costs are sizeable.

To the bigger picture, am a bit conflicted on emissions controls. I love clean air. At the same time, I cannot understand how emissions controls are not causing more pollution (of some type) as they are forcing engines to burn more fuel than without these controls.

Just saw another article where there is more to the judgement:

Defendant was ordered to pay for plaintiff's attorney fees: $1.2M.

So the grand total is just over $2M.

Note to world: When thinking that laws are stupid, putting videos in social media / posting online exploits of violating those laws and bragging about it on TV is even more stupid.

Note to world: When thinking that laws are stupid, putting videos in social media / posting online exploits of violating those laws and bragging about it on TV is even more stupid.

People posting videos of LMLs (back in 2011) when they first come out blowing smoke showing they CAN be deleted really started all of this I think.. the bragging aspect on YouTube didn't help that's for sure.

Back