• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best truck I've ever owned

335K miles on my father's 03 LB7. Third set of injectors and second trasfer case. Other than that mostly just maint. items. Still runs and drives like its got 50K miles and I wouldnt hesitate to take it anywhere. Allison still shifts perfect.

Very impressed in general with the longevity of our gm trucks. Both gas and diesel. The days of a truck only lasting 100K miles are long gone....That is if we could keep the rust away here :nonod:

As for the best truck ive ever owned, my 95 k1500 6.5 comes in very high on the list. Ive probably had over 20 or more personal vehicles over the years and this has probably been my favorite all around daily driver. Not the cheapest to keep running I will admit however. I had 230K mi before I stipped it for a rebuild, now I just need funds and time....

Nick

I bought mine for $6k with 112,000 miles. My first and only truck at 16. Can't tell you how much I have put into it I forgot:rolleyes:. Not out of need more out of want. 8 years later and about to turn 205,000 miles. Cant put into works the bond I have with this truck.

Wow! One million, four thousand miles in half a month. Did you tow the space shuttle on a mission for vacation? Just call me typo jerk.
That's a good run with a new to you truck though for real.

My favorite is my Hummer, but the '01 suburban has to be the best one I owned. Bought it with 30,000 on it, now at 201,600. Tires at 120,000 and 201,000 (I love bf Goodrich rough terrain; A/C compressor let loose at 150,000 miles; at 165,000 belt tensioner and battery; all 4 window regulators after that. We beat the snot out of it and it rarely even gets oil changes.

Cool odometer mile marker. Hope you enjoy many more miles.

Yeah, its a mixed feeling I get when looking at my odometer. I really like my truck. I like to drive it but starting to worry about the miles accumulating. I sometimes think about my next one but still don't want to get serious about it.

Dagnab it. Can't argue too bad with those miles. Now you have a mark to beat with the next one...

I have to ask about the balancer vs bearings and the damage done when ya get around to it.

Back