• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best tires?

I'm looking at Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/T E Load Range in 265/75R16 size. Pepperidge reccomends them, has them on his truck, and really likes them.

I'm looking at Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/T E Load Range in 265/75R16 size. Pepperidge reccomends them, has them on his truck, and really likes them.
That was my next choice other than the BFG's.
I have had the BFG's and Michelin's but not the Bridgestones. So I decided on the BFG's due to previous experience and price. I know several guys that run Bridgestone Duelers and they continue to buy them (very satisfied with them).

I have the Bridgestone Revos on my truck right now. They are doing well on wear, I think I have around 17k on them and they do not really show much wear. I will not be buying them next time because I want a more aggressive tire next. I will say for the most part they do pretty well but they are louder then they should be at highway speeds. I had BFG's KO on my last truck and they where more quite then the Bridgestones but I was not impressed with the traction when in the mud, they did fine for normal street driving but I did not think they had very good tread life once you started using them off road in rural environments.

I am actually wanting to change my wheels out and the XD's I want do not come in 16" so I am going to have to change my tires as well. I am having a hard time finding a tire that I think I will be happy with since I want a mud terrain or close to it. I want a tire with an aggressive look as well and came across these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...partnum=67QR7KL71V2&fromCompare1=yes&place=85

They are a Kumho and priced very well for the type of tire. Anyone have an experience with these?

Dave

Pro-Comp X-Terrain Radials have an E load rating on some models. They are the an on/off road tire, and hold up very well. On a F-250 4x4, they held up 75k miles. He doesn't tow much, but they still held up a LONG time for a tire. They are also aggressive enough to get through a good bit of mud.

I have the Bridgestone Revos on my truck right now. They are doing well on wear, I think I have around 17k on them and they do not really show much wear. I will not be buying them next time because I want a more aggressive tire next. I will say for the most part they do pretty well but they are louder then they should be at highway speeds. I had BFG's KO on my last truck and they where more quite then the Bridgestones but I was not impressed with the traction when in the mud, they did fine for normal street driving but I did not think they had very good tread life once you started using them off road in rural environments.

I am actually wanting to change my wheels out and the XD's I want do not come in 16" so I am going to have to change my tires as well. I am having a hard time finding a tire that I think I will be happy with since I want a mud terrain or close to it. I want a tire with an aggressive look as well and came across these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...partnum=67QR7KL71V2&fromCompare1=yes&place=85

They are a Kumho and priced very well for the type of tire. Anyone have an experience with these?

Dave

I like those a lot Dave. I know of no one that has ran Kumho's but from the ratings look pretty damn good outside of ice traction. For a M/T tire, I really like the tread. I too am looking at going up to a 17" rim and looking at something other then a BFG A/T KO set that I like, but still leaning towards them. Have been looking more at the Cooper STT's too.

Have you looked into the Mickey Thompson ATZs? I always push these tire because I love my MTZs and 2 of my buddies have these and love them.

baja_atz_trad.jpg

I've looked at them, but my dad wants relatively cheap tires, as now my car needs a tranny, and the Kelly's are the cheapest we have found....

I'm looking at getting some new tires before winter as well - and considering 235 85 16's with bridgestone Revo 2, Load E rating - until I found out about treadwright so I guess now I'm wondering how their tires compare to the traction of the bfg's and revo's?

Great thread guys. After the snow storm over the weekend I discovered that the half worn BFG's that I have on the truck suck in 16 inches of wet snow. Are the BFG All Terains that good and do they have much road noise. Any other suggestions on a tire that will go good in the snow.

Little noise and they are great in snow. BUT... if you drive alot of gravel they aren't the ones you want.

Little noise and they are great in snow. BUT... if you drive alot of gravel they aren't the ones you want.

I would assume they are bad to to pick up the rocks in the treads and beat the truck? I had thought about getting 4 extra wheels and mount the snow tires on them and then run my original tires and wheels in the summer. I guy had an ad in the paper (4 (2007) 8 Lug Chevy wheels for 200 bucks) and I called him but he said he sold the 2500HD factory wheels the first day. 200 bucks seemed like a decent price to me.

tires

I've heard that Hankook Dyna-Pro ATM RF-10's are getting good reviews. Anyone here running them? I'm pulling the trigger next week on a set. Probably going to stay with stock (245/75/16) for fuel mileage.

Ok guys I am getting closer to buying the winter tires, but still doing research. Here are the ones I am looking at:

Bridgestone Blizzak W965
B F Goodrich Commercial T/A Traction
B F Goodrich T/A
Michelin Latitude X-Ice
Wrangler Duratrac
Coopers any good?

You guys know anything about any of those? Pros, Cons
Tire size will be 245/75R16
I want an aggressive winter tire that will go good in the snow and ice, but not ride like a log truck. i am in the process of buying me another set of used factory wheels and will mount the snow tires on them just for winter use. When spring comes back around I will put my half worn bridgestone Duravis tires back on with my original wheels.

I bought a set of retreads from treadwright, and they are revo treads - 285 65/16 load range e with kedge in them (extra 5 bucks a tire...or something) and I can't complain on dry, sand, dirt, snow or ice. Though, I will be the first to admit that if my back end feels squirrely - I typically shift in the 4 wheel drive - but under careful driving, I can't say I've ever lost traction so far. There is about 10k on the tires now.

Hankook DynaPro RF10

The BFG T/A KO are some great tires to consider. I put 40,000 on my set that were highway quiet, good in mud, good in gravel and great on wet road, no hydroplaning. But 260.00 each out the door. OUCH! So I looked for weeks and asked other members here and other sites for thier take on tires. I found the one tire that had all the above attributes and 60.00 per tire cheaper out the door. Hankook RF10 or as Paul put it Hancukoo's. So I researched some more on that tire and found they were reviewed very highly by all people that had them on different trucks and suv's. Then I went price digging and found that the cheapest was at discounttire dot youknowwhat for 166.each with free shipping. To make a long story short I got them at Sears at their Price Match of 166.00 each. WOW WE!
I cannot say enough about this tires, SMOOTH and in wet rain, wet snow(Colorado) Great Traction in all conditions SSSSMMMMOOOOTTTHHH!
All terrian you would never know it. Until needed! QUIET! If you want the best for your money get this tire.
Ok Ok off rant.
If you need any research info PM me.

The BFG T/A KO are some great tires to consider. I put 40,000 on my set that were highway quiet, good in mud, good in gravel and great on wet road, no hydroplaning. But 260.00 each out the door. OUCH! So I looked for weeks and asked other members here and other sites for thier take on tires. I found the one tire that had all the above attributes and 60.00 per tire cheaper out the door. Hankook RF10 or as Paul put it Hancukoo's. So I researched some more on that tire and found they were reviewed very highly by all people that had them on different trucks and suv's. Then I went price digging and found that the cheapest was at discounttire dot youknowwhat for 166.each with free shipping. To make a long story short I got them at Sears at their Price Match of 166.00 each. WOW WE!
I cannot say enough about this tires, SMOOTH and in wet rain, wet snow(Colorado) Great Traction in all conditions SSSSMMMMOOOOTTTHHH!
All terrian you would never know it. Until needed! QUIET! If you want the best for your money get this tire.
Ok Ok off rant.
If you need any research info PM me.

I've heard great reviews about these tires too but if you want white letter you're out of luck.

BIGR- Coopers are supposed to be good tires. I have friends that plow and know winter tires. One of my friends runs Hankook I-Pikes and another runs the Cooper M+S. Both great snow tires. Another good one to look into is the Nokian Hakkapeliitta. I have a set of these on my wife's Acura TL...amazing snow tires. If you drive off road at all in the winter I think the Cooper M+S would be the best option for you.

Cooper Discoverer M+S.
002-2.jpg

Nokian Hakkapeliitta-
tyre_120.jpg

Hankook I-pike-
hankook_winter_ipike_w409.jpg

Back