• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best tires?

I put BFG T/A KO 285 75 16 on last year and now that I have driven in some real blizzards and nasty ass NY weather I would give them a BIG thumbs up. I have almost 25K on them and they are wearing well, little road noise, worked well with the 5th wheel. I love these tires and I will be buying them again when these wear out.

I'm completely sold on the BFG KOs. 75 k out of the last set and they are my 5th set on different trucks. My son likes his Hankook whatevers.... I refuse to consider anything made by Firestone/Bridgestone after they killed a bunch of people twice (70s and the Explorer saga). Plus they are foreign owned... Off rant. I would consider the Hankooks if I didn't like the BFGs so much.

No arguement here

I don't blame you Mike, they are a good tire. The set that I had would have lasted longer if I had not drag raced on them. They were quiet,smooth, good in all conditions for where I live. But cost to much. So I did my homework and found a better tire for less; IMO. Time will tell on longevity through.

I'm completely sold on the BFG KOs. 75 k out of the last set and they are my 5th set on different trucks. My son likes his Hankook whatevers.... I refuse to consider anything made by Firestone/Bridgestone after they killed a bunch of people twice (70s and the Explorer saga). Plus they are foreign owned... Off rant. I would consider the Hankooks if I didn't like the BFGs so much.

people still turn them to the outside?

:nonod:

:eek::eek::eek:
Who wouldnt?! Gotta have raised white letters :thumbsup:
However on my new tires Im guilty I cheept out and got black walls as Goodyear Wranglers Authority's dont come in white letters :nonod:
jttruckdghdfg088.jpg

What is U.S. made? Even if the products are made is The USA, are the companies US owned ? What parts of your truck is not imported? With out Bosch parts on our trucks, a German company, would we have a fast production truck or just another diesel truck? These questions can go on and on. Don't get me wrong I try to buy made in USA products too. Look around, its not easy to do. If you only look at one aspect of a puzzle, you come away with the answer that you wanted to hear and not the whole answer.:mad2: Yeah I'm guilty of that too.
Oh don't forget where Isuzu is from. :smile5:

Someone asked for raised white letters?

IMG_0018.jpg

Also, these Transforce's have been pretty good so far. Rears are wearing quite a bit faster, time to rotate, but I may have a small part to play in that.... :nono:):h):h

I just finished with my second set of cooper ATR's. I got a little over 60k on 50k tires...not bad. Went to replace them, and the prices are significantly higher than before...shops wanting 12-1300 for a set of 4 315/70/17's

I went with nitto dura grappler E 10 ply with a 128 rating. 285/75/17's. I found them @ onlinetires.com for 173 a piece

I have about 1k on them now and am pretty happy with their manners on the sand, dirt as well as the road manners...time will tell on the wear
DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1807.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

Back