• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best info on dodge gas ever!

Well at leats you bowed out with honor and your pride, which is good because this was getting way off topic with suspension and ford arguements in it.

I'll be sure and let you know if and when that happens. In the mean time, i can tell you about being stranded when the tie rod ends bend, the drivers side bearing goes out, needs a new center link, the infamous pump rub shows it's ugly head. So far on the Dodge the only thing i can tell you about as far as breaking is the freaking VP44, it still ran though and didn't leave me stranded
like the other issues on the 01's. I do know which one i trust when it comes to a must get it done situation and i won't participate in any more "which one is better" Frankly, the answer to that is "Neither one". I own both so i'm not biased towards what is sitting in my driveway. The best truck for me is the one/s i paid for and use, not the one you paid for and use, like wise, the best truck for you is the one you paid for and drive and not one of mine. This is a never ending debate with no right answer, let's just leave it at that, ok?

i got to drive a ram 2500 v10 about 4 years ago. someone traded it in on a honda s2000 at the dealership where my bro worked. he shows up at my place at 2 in the morning with "wanna go for a ride" ringin in my ear. hell yeah!!

this wasn't no ordinary ram though. sat on ??" of lift and was rollin 40" rubber..... big ass truck and a pain to get into. to this day i do not know what was done to the motor, but with a 5 spd manual trans, i could roast those 40's through 3rd with no problem..... clutch felt as tight if not tighter than the clutch in my 65. bitch to push that thing in.

however, it rode like a fk'in brick, got ~7 mpg, and rattled worser than a 1987 nissan.

for all the grunt and get up and go that the v10 put down, i still wouldn't want it due to that motor most likely needin a tear down at 75k miles (or less) and the fact the truck just felt cheap. rattles, squeaks, crappy ergonomics... it works for a power hungry high schooler, but i can get that out of an old musclecar...... with twice the fun :D

I'll be sure and let you know if and when that happens. In the mean time, i can tell you about being stranded when the tie rod ends bend, the drivers side bearing goes out, needs a new center link, the infamous pump rub shows it's ugly head. So far on the Dodge the only thing i can tell you about as far as breaking is the freaking VP44, it still ran though and didn't leave me stranded
like the other issues on the 01's. I do know which one i trust when it comes to a must get it done situation and i won't participate in any more "which one is better" Frankly, the answer to that is "Neither one". I own both so i'm not biased towards what is sitting in my driveway. The best truck for me is the one/s i paid for and use, not the one you paid for and use, like wise, the best truck for you is the one you paid for and drive and not one of mine. This is a never ending debate with no right answer, let's just leave it at that, ok?

You are right about one thing it will never end the battle between the big detroit muscle.And honestly I beleive, putting all the smack taqlk aside all trucks from detroit have strong and week points, these companies wouldn't still be around if they built junk. Do I think the quality of detroit has gone down? Yes I do look at my old 88 1 ton it has been through hell and back, over 300,000 miles of pullin and high revs, and all it has had go wrong is a speed sensor the odometer clutch, and 1 set of U-joints (that was my fault) then my sister has an 03 LB7 big dooley yeah her truck runs great and pulls semi sized trailers and doesn't break a sweat, but the interior is getting bad with only 150,000 miles and the truck has the infamous extended cab squeek. You are also right abou the tie rods that is why I have cognito's, and in my mind with the steering addrerssed on the GM's you are set. If you pull the cab off your 6.0 ford and put head studs in you are good to go. And if you can take the rattley cheap interior and and get new balljoints on the dodge you are good to go.

i got to drive a ram 2500 v10 about 4 years ago. someone traded it in on a honda s2000 at the dealership where my bro worked. he shows up at my place at 2 in the morning with "wanna go for a ride" ringin in my ear. hell yeah!!

this wasn't no ordinary ram though. sat on ??" of lift and was rollin 40" rubber..... big ass truck and a pain to get into. to this day i do not know what was done to the motor, but with a 5 spd manual trans, i could roast those 40's through 3rd with no problem..... clutch felt as tight if not tighter than the clutch in my 65. bitch to push that thing in.

however, it rode like a fk'in brick, got ~7 mpg, and rattled worser than a 1987 nissan.

for all the grunt and get up and go that the v10 put down, i still wouldn't want it due to that motor most likely needin a tear down at 75k miles (or less) and the fact the truck just felt cheap. rattles, squeaks, crappy ergonomics... it works for a power hungry high schooler, but i can get that out of an old musclecar...... with twice the fun :D

I bet nothing was done. Those V10s are a cast iron blocked Viper motor. 450HP 500+ft-lbs, my buddy is a HUGE dodge nut, so i pick up tidbits like this. The only difference between the truck V10 and the Viper V10 is block material(cast iron vs. Alum) and the design is different, due to the different materials.

EDIT: i sat in a new Hemi Dodge at a show, and it sucks, the interior is tinny, cheap materials, craptastic seats, and it is really poorly designed. The only good point is the motor. Friend of my parents has one, and he has had multiple problems with it, most fixed under warranty, like the rear trans seal going bad. You can hear every stone hit the undercarriage. I like the interior in our 05 2500HD 1000X better, and it is just an LS, with cloth seats and a power driver bottom, digital climate control, and XM sat. radio

Last edited:
I bet nothing was done. Those V10s are a cast iron blocked Viper motor. 450HP 500+ft-lbs, my buddy is a HUGE dodge nut, so i pick up tidbits like this. The only difference between the truck V10 and the Viper V10 is block material(cast iron vs. Alum) and the design is different, due to the different materials.

Uh negative ghost rider the truck and viper motor share very little in design aspecs different displacement and all, and the output is no where even close to those number you quoted in a truck. If my 88 454 220hp and 430ish pound feet of torque smokes there asses pullin there numbers are lower.:eek:ut:

Back