• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best info on dodge gas ever!

shhhhh you guys are gunna hurt some little kids feelings!

Its all right, daddy bought it anyway!

Its funny too, at least the d-bags around here, they put dual exhaust out the rear bumper and it turns it into a blown '69 426 Hemi all of the sudden. Those trucks are pigs. I honestly think my wife's Tahoe would beat one.

"That's right---it's a Hemi!".........................fags.

Last edited:

Its funny too, at least the d-bags around here, they put dual exhaust out the rear bumper and it turns it into a blown '69 426 Hemi all of the sudden. Those trucks are pigs. I honestly think my wife's Tahoe would beat one.

i wasnt impressed at all when i was in the market. horrible mileage and power was on par with gm yet rated 50hp more?? go figure. i did like my parents 98 1500 with the 5.2. good truck and the mileage was better than the new ones are getting! of course it wasnt stock though! :sifone: nothing compares to my diesel though!

I agree, i think the Hoe would beat a Hemi! BTW Bud, i did put a Diablo Tuner on my wifes Tahoe and it woke it nicely, gave it more grunt across the curve. Shifts better too.

"went from 2003 duramax to 2008 dodge ram 1500."

I'm sorry, someone had a lapse in clarity of thought and reason. LOL!

It was a joke! I have a couple of friends that love the hemi. They can't tell me why, but they do.

wasn't pointing out anyone in particular...just asking for you guys to police yourselves to make sure all brands feel welcome here...

Well I'll be the one GM guy that has had a good experience with the Hemi and have some nice stuff to say about it. It might not be my first choice, but I had an '05 QC/SB Ram as a work truck with the last surveying comany I was with and that was a pretty good truck. We pounded on that truck to say the least. Off road with it about 3-5 days a week. I don't know if it was rated at 50 hp more then the equal Vortec in a GM, but it had plenty of go in it, and and for low end power, was again, pretty good in my mind. Though I would have to say, Dodge is famous making good power at the flywheel, but can't get the most to the wheels. Before the '06 LLY that I have now, I had an '07 NBS 1500 Silverado w/ 5.3L and if I were to compare the two, I would have to say that I would give the slight edge to the 5.3. But I wouldn't put down the Hemi like others have here. The 3 years I drove it, I never had much to say bad about it.

Now for the interior and the seats of the Ram, I was not a big fan of them. I know it was a work truck, but the seats felt like they were about 300,000 miles old, rather then 30,000 miles. Guages and such were okay, no real complaints about them, but the seats would be the one thing that would get a thumbs down from me.

:crazy:
so they aren't worth a dime, hemi = crap

so is that all you' all got.

UMMMMMM..... I am pretty sure that is it, thats all the facts I can think of, they suck we could talk about you dodge boys attept at the v-10 but that might be too hurtful, lets just stick to the Hemi sucking gas and ass.

I've driven a hemi but i wound up with the 4.7l v8. Didn't want to pay to feed the hemi. The 4.7 isn't any powerhouse, but it has decent power and is getting very good mileage.
Ok, Flame Suit on.
Fire away.

I would take the 4.7 anyday over the Hemi, for reliablitiy and mileage. ANd I would have taken a 318 over the 360 anyday back when they were both made. they can do godd with the smaller displacements but the bigger they get the more problems they had and still have. Dodge did do somethin right though, they took GM's most successful displacement 5.7 aka 350, so that probably bolstered there reliability alto just useing GM specs

Back