• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best info on dodge gas ever!

wow....someone really despises the rams....did someone piss in your wheaties or what? Oh Oh Oh...I know...you raced someone with a HEMI and they won so your all pissed now....is that it?

LOL.....The Hemi does suck gas but its got good power curves....I'd rather take a 1500 MAX with the 6.0 because it is quicker and more comfortable....but its also more expensive...but vs the 5.3 the hemi would win...the 4.7 vs what is GM a 4.8...the dodge would win again.....

To be 100% honest as long as its an american truck you drive even a ranger, a colorado, or a dakota IM JUST GLAD YOU BOUGHT AMERICAN!!!!

With how the country is right now, we need to band together to try and push the imports out rather than fight amongst each other...c'mon now....

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Last edited:
wow....someone really despises the rams....did someone piss in your wheaties or what? Oh Oh Oh...I know...you raced someone with a HEMI and they won so your all pissed now....is that it?

LOL.....The Hemi does suck gas but its got good power curves....I'd rather take a 1500 MAX with the 6.0 because it is quicker and more comfortable....but its also more expensive...but vs the 5.3 the hemi would win...the 4.7 vs what is GM a 4.6...the dodge would win again.....

To be 100% honest as long as its an american truck you drive even a ranger, a colorado, or a dakota IM JUST GLAD YOU BOUGHT AMERICAN!!!!

With how the country is right now, we need to band together to try and push the imports out rather than fight amongst each other...c'mon now....

GM has 4.8 :Chevy_anim:

I can't vouch for the older GM 4.8L engine, say one in the GMT-800's, but I did test drive one that was in a '07 NBS Silverado and it really surprised me with the power that it had. I ended up going with the 5.3L, but it had a lot more "go" then what I was expecting from it. At the last surveying company I worked for, we also had an '02 Ram 1500 QC/SB with the 4.7L in it and that too for it's displacement, I thought had pretty good power. But like the 5.7L Hemi we had, if you got into more then 1/4 throttle, you could watch the fuel gauge move quickly to the "E".

From what I have read about the new Ram's, they are suppose to be much better on mpg's then the ones out now. What I really like about the NBS Rams are those storage boxes in the top of the bed rails. Would be real nice to stash stuff for work.

VERY well said!! I agree 100 percent!! :patriot:

one of my goverment vehicles (07 durango) has the 4.7 in it, at 50 miles it was blown up.... anyway while I was at the dealer the mechanic showed me its "hemispherical" combustion chambers and stated that 90% of dodges motors are hemis just not badged that way. Not sure on how accurate that is but I loved the truck even though it got 10-13mpg highway hand checked. It was no way dodges fault for the engine failure, a superior took the truck "mudding" buried it and commenced to floor it while rowing through the gears.... injested water and knocked all the hoses off the bottom of the motor and trans... with less than 50miles on the odo...

I take all my trucks out and kick there ass in mud isn't that what trucks are built to do, work hard and get beat on, and NOT break? I can't control the fact that GM builds the supior product out of detroit right now it's just the way things go. My family has owned all the US makes of trucks Dodge Ford and GM. In 94 when the new body Ram came out, my dad bought one with a Cummins 6 speed and one cummins with the auto. The auto burned up at about 15,000 miles put in a new one it lasted another 12,000 or so dad saif F*ck it and sold it, in the mean time the Six speed was twist out the axle once, transfer case failed, injetcion pump fgailed twice, SOLD IT. Then we went to powerchokes and the old 7.3 mech, all ran great with good service record accept for the auto tranny's then we bought a 6.0 had it for 1 month and told the dealership to just keep it, after 2 headgaskets egr problems, and terrible mileage too, now we are on GM and yes we have had problems with them injectors twice on the LB7 and a tranny in dad's caddy but nothin major that the company wouldn't stand behindg we will stay with them until we have major failures like the other 2 makes.

the old doges had issues and they know that...since the cummins 600 and the 47RE tranny there have been no major issues...Ford is great withe th 6.0 except like you said, EGR problem...but $600 later thats a fix with a delete kit, and the Head gaskets are only if you push the motor with programmers and $500 for studs and that fixed and low and behold $1200 later is bulletproof...the new 6.4 hasn't had any issues since the 2nd year (first year blunders will always happen)....Now with Chevy and GM look at the older trucks and there were many many failures and problems...and even the duraturd has had issues...but they have fixed it...even your all mighty allison had major issues at first but thats fixed now....if you were to throw a solid axle under the front, you could have a real truck, but how many people do SAS on them? A 2WD desert runner truck is good with IFS but a hauler/ work truck needs to have the solid axle for strength....

But as I said in my previous post.....as long as it American, I don't care what brand it is....I HATE IMPORT WANNA BE TRUCKS

Actually I am not sure of the actual numbers I am pretty sure the IFS on the GM's trucks has at least if not more Gross axle weight rating than the dodge or ford fron solid axles I am not positive but I know the general front ends are rated closs to 2 tons of weight. Like I said earlier we have had some problems with our GM's my sisters LB7 has alot of injstor problems we beleive from dealership and there untrained mechs. And as for the ford and dodge's we may still own them if the dealership would have stood behind any of the problems. That is why we are GM they have stood behind things that should have never been stood behind and fixed them. Give me a 90 dodge ex cab longbed 4x4 cummins with a 5 speed and I will be happy give me a pre 6.o powerchoke ford and I will be happy. But right now ther general is dominateing the market with the newest and most dependable technology out there. But like you said anyhting is better than a rice paddy wanna be truck

Actually I am not sure of the actual numbers I am pretty sure the IFS on the GM's trucks has at least if not more Gross axle weight rating than the dodge or ford fron solid axles I am not positive but I know the general front ends are rated closs to 2 tons of weight. Like I said earlier we have had some problems with our GM's my sisters LB7 has alot of injstor problems we beleive from dealership and there untrained mechs. And as for the ford and dodge's we may still own them if the dealership would have stood behind any of the problems. That is why we are GM they have stood behind things that should have never been stood behind and fixed them. Give me a 90 dodge ex cab longbed 4x4 cummins with a 5 speed and I will be happy give me a pre 6.o powerchoke ford and I will be happy. But right now ther general is dominateing the market with the newest and most dependable technology out there. But like you said anyhting is better than a rice paddy wanna be truck

2 tons? and then what the torsion bar snaps.... I mean c'mon, don't be in denial...you know that a solid axle is way better than IFS.....as for standing behind it, that was a dealership issue...not the manufacture issue. Ever problem I have ever had with a vehicle the dealership stood behind it, but thats because I knew the people there. We all know most "Stealerships" are A-Holes....and the 05 and up dodges with automatics are way way more reliable that the early 90's ones....and GM doesn't have the most reliable truck....JD power and and that other RJ Polk both rate the DODGE more reliable....the ford is behind the chevy, but like I said, $1200 and you will have no issues

Let me put it this way, why don't you come over hear to Iraq and count the umber of dodges, and then count the number of GM's. My count has 86-1 ratio in favor of GM. And it sure isn't because the GM's are cheaper that is for sure. We have 2 durangos and a ram 2500 in our fleet, neither of which are up-armored, because according to our armor up fitter the dodge platforms are not stable enought to handle the extra weight and strees that armoring them causes. And the Ram is actually in the shop right now awaiting a new front drivers side hub assembly. I guess that big tuff front end of yours is pretty durable HUH? The torsion bar trucks seem to do just fine and they are weighing almost twice what they did from the factory, with all that armor hangin off of them. But no I think your right dodge makes a great vehicle right behind GM. And JD Power can go suck a nut, they are not referring to the dodge ram with anny gas motor more reliable they are reffering to the CUM STAIN which is a good motor like stated before dodge can't build a good versatile gas motor if they're company depended on it. They can make one with horse power and terrible economy, or they can make one with good economy and terrible power. I will stick to the GM gassers the god of internal combustion engines. Go to a car show and count the number of small and big block chevy's then count the number of the other 2 makes and then you may relize who is king of all gassers, maybe though I doubt you will even see it you are blinded by that word HEMI RAM MEGA CAB RUBLE BEE SUPER MEGA MAGNUM BIG HORN 4X4 OFFROAD, who the hell is dodge marketing to? 5 year olds, all they do is stick on a bunch of stickers and call them catchy names. I bet you have a HEMI tattoo.

I am not into all that BS I do not have a HEMI tatoo and I hate gasser trucks...As for GM being in Iraq its called the lowest bidder...if Daimler Chrysler came in lower or if ford came in lower they'd be over there....thats all it is....all the different packages don't mean anything to anyone...I just know that I have seen way to make issues with IFS suspension under load and none for solid axle.....now I will say this which may give strength to your arguement but I don't care....the Dodge and Ford front end have that automatic hub system which is the weak link, but freespin kits are easily found which makes them absolutley bulletproof....as for why you see chevy engines at all the car shows its because there are more parts for less money so people put them into everything....its not because they are a better engine, its cuz parts are easier to find and cheaper....personally for classic cars, Im a mustang guy...60's era all the way... you really need to lighten up a little before you have a hemmorage in you head...that vein is bulging

Let me put it this way, why don't you come over hear to Iraq and count the umber of dodges, and then count the number of GM's. My count has 86-1 ratio in favor of GM.

GM has an entire division of the company devoted to winning government contracts. Neither of the other two do. GM builds things to government specs. The other two might just have something that happens to work for the Government's purpose, but they didn't design it for that duty.

who the hell is dodge marketing to? 5 year olds, all they do is stick on a bunch of stickers and call them catchy names.

Don't go getting your panties in a twist because they are after an older age group than you.

GM has an entire division of the company devoted to winning government contracts. Neither of the other two do. GM builds things to government specs. The other two might just have something that happens to work for the Government's purpose, but they didn't design it for that duty.

Don't go getting your panties in a twist because they are after an older age group than you.

LMAO!!!! that is so true....and great.....glad someone else on here knows whats up....

funny how you guys argue that the sfa is better than ifs. t bars are some of the best designed suspensions, hell dodge used them in the 50's and my grandfather still raves about how good they are.

People bitch about IFS on trucks... then they bitch about straight axles on fourwheelers.
Goodjob.

look at my earlier post....I said IFS is good for offroad racing 2wd trucks....which is why independent suspension on a quad is good.....on a truck its pointless....and Torsion bar on trucks in the 50's so its outdated!? thank you for helping my point...

Back