• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Exhaust tip

This is a nice part. Go's from 4" to 5" stainless steel tip. Nice heavy piece $30

DSCF1180.jpgDSCF1181.jpg

Here is one of the valves I'll use to bypass the turbo. I have another one like it for the intake side.

DSCF1183.jpgDSCF1184.jpgDSCF1185.jpg

how air tight are those Leroy? I'd like to do something like that for an intercooler. There's at least 6 months out of the year where I don't need one LOL

Would be interesting to see how the turbo performs with just the new manifolds and custom crossover pipe alone without all the diveter valves for some base results

how air tight are those Leroy? I'd like to do something like that for an intercooler. There's at least 6 months out of the year where I don't need one LOL
Looks to be a pretty good seat on the butterfly valve. I'd say there allmost airtight. I can see a tiny gap close to the shaft.

Would be interesting to see how the turbo performs with just the new manifolds and custom crossover pipe alone without all the diveter valves for some base results

Good thing is the valves will be on a manual switch so won't be in play if I dont want. I am building my own QSV for it though.

Was just thinking about this again. It is (should be) air tight to the outside. The tiny gap I talked about would only allow gas through the pipe.

Got a few more parts. I'll be converting from T3 manifold to T4 turbo inlet. Also building a QSV. I'll be starting on the QSV today!

of course we did, the compounds are an after thought, go and read the thread on dieselplace, all the answers you seek are there....

How did you like it? I did quickly go over the DP thread I thought you went straight from the banks with single to a dual. Never heard any feedback on the single (unless I missed it).

How did you like it? I did quickly go over the DP thread I thought you went straight from the banks with single to a dual. Never heard any feedback on the single (unless I missed it).

The data collected is probably spread over three or four different threads on Diesel Place. Never took the time as of yet to complile it all in one thread. We have now tested and compiled data for three different singles, and four compound combinations. All with the same fuel settings, some were tested with and without intercooler......J&J.

Thats cool, all three singles with the Banks set up? Can you share some of the highlights and or down side to them. What Turbos were they?
Thanks.

Thats cool, all three singles with the Banks set up? Can you share some of the highlights and or down side to them. What Turbos were they?
Thanks.
we would be more than happy to share all that info, in comparison format, with the same turbos on a GM sidemount. Including wheel sizes(both compressor and turbine) housing sizes and fueling rates, along with pics and vids.

However, info sharing is a 2 way street..... you take an ATT, pop off the compressor and turbine housings, measure the wheels with a micrometer in MM (both the inducers & exducers), with pics, and we will flood this thread with data and results like you cant imagine... until then, well, the threads are there on DP, anybody can go and search there, do not even have to be a member and login.....

top secret/closed thinking is one of the main reasons we do not share here anymore....J&J.

@ Turbonator.

OK whatever. I tried to extend the Olive branch so to speak. I have to respect Dennis's work, if he wants to release that info its up to him. I'd be more than happy to do it, but not until then. If you or anybody else has one there's no stoping you from meassuring yourself and posting the #s. I personally don't think it matters anymore anyway as there are so many pepole running the ATT that are overjoyed with them. The dyno is what tells me what I want/need to know. So when ATT puts out the same TQ/HP with less stress than other turbos thats all I need to know, well that and cost and ease of installation.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Please don't flood the thread with info. I was just wanting basic info of how you like the 3 turbos you tried. Couple sentences would have done or links to DP would have been a friendly thing to do.

I have never understood the friction between here and DP. We all like the same engines, so why don't we all just get along? I've gained a lot of knowledge here and at DP and am very grateful to "all" those who share their experiences.

Also, why is the ATT so hush, hush over on DP?

A brief summary would be great. I really don't like going on DP but if links are posted then I will enter on those.
I don't go to DP much, but only because its like a full time job to keep up with all the forums. I'll click in like you Tanner if a link is posted.
I have never understood the friction between here and DP. We all like the same engines, so why don't we all just get along? I've gained a lot of knowledge here and at DP and am very grateful to "all" those who share their experiences.

Also, why is the ATT so hush, hush over on DP?

Never understood myself either. Anyway lets try to keep this on topic and not another turbo bash.

My horse is named Turbo (see below)

:BDH:

Back