• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT Dyno #2

About everything else I just read WOW, we are a passionate group. To say the least, me included.

6.5 I can get you a DB pump with larger plungers. I will look into it. I kind of have a few connections, one or two. No guarantees got a DS4 pump sitting here with .380 plungers that I have never ran. Yeah guess I just been sitting on it for a year and a half. After the turbo fiasco here I quit doing anything to help out with RD out of my pocket and have not shared much of what I have done. One day, right now I am selfish.

I got pictures of it to but not tonight. Lost interest again with this.

Sucks for us......There was something supposed to be in the works after the ATT.....If I'm not mistaken........ (You digressed) ;)

Got one of those airtex on my 93, not impressed. I drain it to 2 psi with a load and only a haze on the GM3 @18psi and 3000 rpm. Swapped my walbro frb 5 in 2 days befrore i parked Da Boss never got below 5psi.

plunger 2 .jpgJust in case someone is calling BS here is what I was working on before the turbo fiasco, NO RD dollars thanks to a few people. Will our ignorance Plunger .jpg be our end.

So all the guys with the arm chair know it, all but wont spend a buck to back there opinions up have killed the RD for everyone. After reading this thread it all comes back why the Frick do anything out of the ordinary, we have experts that know it all. No need to experiment everything can be done on paper. Congrats 6.5 L you have balls to try and do something constructive. I am ashamed for what was done to your attempt at getting out good data.

Slim Ich Mochte Eine BEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR

I like your set up and the one that Orionthade did is very nice as well. I did mine using Leroy's kit (FRB5) to include the Wix Fuel Filter set up. Did it in an afternoon and didn't cut anything but some scrap metal and extra fuel hose to make it all work. I'm not a machinist or metal worker either but it is functional. I'll redo it to something cleaner like Bruce's or Jake's soon.

I'm really quite proud of how my modular mounting rail turned out. It's not perfect, but with my limited resourced for fabrication, I'm please with how it turned out. I'll have to look at receipts, but I think all-told I'm into it $50. If I had easier access to a welder, I'd have built it just a bit differently. Maybe next spring ...

Call me stupid, but what would that be?

Capt obvious here, but the walbro is obviously the best choice, but is that airtex any better than stock? (me likes cheap)

I was looking forward to this dyno run. Thank you!

The Walbro FRB-5 Industrial Fuel Pump does a good job on a turned up DB2. PMD cable may be able to get them as he sells the higher pressure units for the electronic pumps. The Airtex and stock replacements are pure Cr@p in my opinion. But, so far I am the only one who killed the new Walbro pump after a year with bad fuel or kinked hose. The FRB-5 is still going although rebuilt. 2 years on it now and the stock stuff wouldn't make 3 months with me.

Your tank sock can cause a restriction.

You guys don't need to look much further than my dyno'd truck at lower elevation, higher temp, and cooling fan interference to see that the auto takes more power. On a factory turbo that dies in the upper RPM you want to shoot the auto. However with the A Team Turbo that lets things breathe it is a new ballgame. With the converter unlocked the auto wins in a couple areas. 1) The converter allows the engine to quickly slip to a higher RPM where the ATT is more effective. 2) The converter makes more torque than the manual when unlocked. This mode is limited by engine power and heat. More power by a better turbo means more torque to get you going. Left unlocked too long and the oil gets too hot. The 1993 trans computer will lock the converter at sustained WOT in 3rd after a time. Like 60 seconds, I am guessing, it is a long time to me.

Much as I like Manual trans stuff they just don't fit my needs anymore. Steep driveways and hills are a PIA. But the real problem shifting is having a cold beverage in one hand and a hot woman in the other. Or an elbow in the boob from shifting...

The sob posts have to be the most annoying though!!!

WW, your Suburban eats LPs for breakfast :hihi: I only brought up the 14psi Airtex because its stock replacement, fast and cheap, can get at Oreileys, or Summit, Amazon. Apparantly its made in the USA, maybe all Airtex is?? There have been a couple guys that threw them on and pleased with the performance increase over stock, although I would still expect it start getting weak after 10,000 miles, dead in 20,000.

The sob posts have to be the most annoying though!!!

WW, your Suburban eats LPs for breakfast :hihi: I only brought up the 14psi Airtex because its stock replacement, fast and cheap, can get at Oreileys, or Summit, Amazon. Apparantly its made in the USA, maybe all Airtex is?? There have been a couple guys that threw them on and pleased with the performance increase over stock, although I would still expect it start getting weak after 10,000 miles, dead in 20,000.

Kind of like cooler air has more mass? Expert?

Originally Posted by buddyThe sob posts have to be the most annoying though!!!

YEAH just like that, only most have to much social grace to say what you do about other peoples opinions,so if we are going to this is / should be informational only no opinions, then lets talk about the "I tried to explain it to people awhile back but nobody would listen" in reference to the cooler air has more mass posts. Some plain don't care to have someone tell them, they want to find out on their own.

I remember your first posts when you either didn't know much or you were just to gracious to show up everyone. Either way what has become is not good. Take a chill pill and let some other people post in, stifling is the word that comes to mind. You, and a few of your stooges have not done much for this site in the way of keeping other people that knew a lot as well but drove away guys like BJ that knew a lot but were not as determined to make their point the only point. When guys like NMB and little boy or Cummings Fever give you hell it is kind of poetic in a way. JUST ANOTHER SOB POST

BY the way I am not going any Fing place, I can be as annoying as anyone, what is it they say, when someone has nothing to lose they are ?. :)

Originally Posted by buddyThe sob posts have to be the most annoying though!!!

YEAH just like that, only most have to much social grace to say what you do about other peoples opinions,so if we are going to this is / should be informational only no opinions, then lets talk about the "I tried to explain it to people awhile back but nobody would listen" in reference to the cooler air has more mass posts. Some plain don't care to have someone tell them, they want to find out on their own.

I remember your first posts when you either didn't know much or you were just to gracious to show up everyone. Either way what has become is not good. Take a chill pill and let some other people post in, stifling is the word that comes to mind. You, and a few of your stooges have not done much for this site in the way of keeping other people that knew a lot as well but drove away guys like BJ that knew a lot but were not as determined to make their point the only point. When guys like NMB and little boy or Cummings Fever give you hell it is kind of poetic in a way. JUST ANOTHER SOB POST

BY the way I am not going any Fing place, I can be as annoying as anyone, what is it they say, when someone has nothing to lose they are ?. :)

Your character and reputation precedes you. Ignorance really is bliss. Way to keep things on track with your guilt trips and bitchin

So all the guys with the arm chair know it, all but wont spend a buck to back there opinions up have killed the RD for everyone. After reading this thread it all comes back why the Frick do anything out of the ordinary, we have experts that know it all. No need to experiment everything can be done on paper. Congrats 6.5 L you have balls to try and do something constructive. I am ashamed for what was done to your attempt at getting out good data.

Slim Ich Mochte Eine BEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR

Exactly what you said!!!! I get so tired of keyboard flappers telling me how to do something when they don't even do it or know what to do themselves. I like to just go and do. Forget about the flapping keyboards an get out an DO IT! LETS ROLL

Your character and reputation precedes you. Ignorance really is bliss. Way to keep things on track with your guilt trips and bitchin

Did you really think that I wouldn't say anything? Please

An emotional rant is pretty textbook, and thats the problem. You are your own worst enemy.

Actually what I stated was pretty accurate, how is that emotional, and textbook? How many times did we listen to mass density and volume in almost every thread that came about. yeah ok Need to look within before condemning others. Posting again to get the last word, is that a problem of mine as well?. Let someone else have the last word a few times. We all know you are smart at the math and a few other things how many more times do we need to hear it, or have it proven to us. The ignorant is bliss comment was textbook wasn't it proving you are smarter again. I am not in a competition with you over mathematical skills or any other skills for that matter, at least give others a chance to voice their opinion without jumping on the smarter than you because band wagon

A good teacher explains matters in a context in which his students can understand, and does not belittle them because they don't. Enough said.

Just in case someone is calling BS here is what I was working on before the turbo fiasco,

No BS from this side of the keyboard, I hope that post wasn't interpeted, "Up Side Down"......

Thanks for the Pics Dennis........Even though I don't even know what I was looking at....Maybe some kind of IP internal?

Its all in your head, if you think I was critical of you before that is laughable. You dont even understand yourself, and youve ruined the thread again. You may not like facts, but I post them so some people can learn from it, its not my fault if a few people are too stubborn or don't want to learn. I'm not your teacher or babysitter, so check your tears at the door, leave your boo hoo stories at home.

Its all in your head, if you think I was critical of you before that is laughable. You dont even understand yourself, and youve ruined the thread again. You may not like facts, but I post them so some people can learn from it, its not my fault if a few people are too stubborn or don't want to learn. I'm not your teacher or babysitter, so check your tears at the door, leave your boo hoo stories at home.

Tom I really don't care what you think and if you think you matter that much there are tears, then you really are as egotistical as you come across. You could never be a teacher, check your ego at the door, It precedes you. Everyone has to learn from Tom is that what you think? :) A pattern is emerging here. Critical? this was never about you but you had to post about the annoying sob posts, egotistical again? Pattern? YES Everything is about Tom, TOM TOM TOM, get a new keyboard you are wearing the one you have out.

You keep saying ruining this thread but you keep posting, why aren't you ruining this thread as well. But you have no fault because ???? Annoying sob posts ???? :)

Back