• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT and KOJO tune for my 97

TMHark

Reaction score
Finally got finances in order (it's been a tough year or two!!) and looking to upgrade the only stock items left on my 97, the turbo and PCM

Any drawback to my plan of ATT and KOJO tune for my 97?

Anything to watch out for during install?

Is the DTR/TTS discount still available?

I've got a 3" basically straight thru exhaust (no kitty and minimal muffler), will it be enough flow?

Does the KOJO tune take into consideration the vacuum delete and transmission controls (I assume it does!)? My mechanic is "certain" my orignal 4l80e was chewed up by the Turbo Master style control holding boost during hard shifts (it would "shudder" like the lockup wasn't disengaging properly) and shifting at full boost

Any one want the GM8 on the cheap when I'm done? :smile5:

Thanks for info, I'm psyched! :thumbsup:

Would highly recommend a 4" exhaust system. And the FTB mod with a higher powered lift pump. These would make your current system work better as well, but absolutely necessary in my mind if you put in a high powered PCM program and a larger turbo.

x2 My tranny has issues and has had for about 50-60k. TM made no diff and I'm still limping it along, the tranny that is

Good to hear (about tranny)

My mechanic is always skeptical about "shade tree items" (his words) like homemade TM, 10k pot, etc He just shakes his head at me... :rolleyes5:

But in fairness, he's not a hardcore diesel guy either

No other advice before I do this? Wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Good to hear (about tranny)

My mechanic is always skeptical about "shade tree items" (his words) like homemade TM, 10k pot, etc He just shakes his head at me... :rolleyes5:

But in fairness, he's not a hardcore diesel guy either

No other advice before I do this? Wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Partner I guarantee you you will not be alone or unhappy with this purchase. If you; are I will make it right. This is not snake oil and I don't and (Walking J doesn't) sell something that doesn't work, I am committed to you being satisfied with your purchase. PERIOD :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My mechanic is "certain" my original 4l80e was chewed up by the Turbo Master style control holding boost during hard shifts (it would "shudder" like the lockup wasn't disengaging properly) and shifting at full boost

Any one want the GM8 on the cheap when I'm done? :smile5:

Thanks for info, I'm psyched! :thumbsup:

You need a new mechanic ASAP or at least invite him to come here and learn something about the 6.5 as he may be a fine gasser mechanic, collectively we have several hundred years of 6.5 experience

Last edited:
Cant go wrong with the ATT/KOJO combination.

Rest assured, very few techs know jack about 6.5s, they may know a little about a lot of things but little about anything specific, plus they generally believe what they hear, the 6.5 is a turd with weak injector pumps.

This is the place to come to find real-world hard-earned info from honest people who have real experience. I'm not a mechanic but I have more 6.5 knowledge than any mechanics I know.

Only issue I recall, and maybe it's been corrected by now, was the turbo clamp on the turbo side of the new intake hose. Mine and others didnt seal right, ended up having to get a different than stock type clamp. Other than that turbo was easy, ECM was a breeze.

3" straight pipe oughta be ok, 4 inch is better but I dont see 3" as being very restrictive. 4" will sound better, I absolutely love the sound of my 4" inch Diamondeye. Also, if you dont have an upgraded downpipe you will greatly benefit from new exhaust.

I've got most everything available done, I'm waiting for the motivation to change my POS lift pump to the Walbro I bought.

Get a Walbro, don't mess around with the weak, ineffective and intermittent short-lived factory design lift pumps.

As for tranny problems, the trans shop told me three years ago mine was blown because I lost OD.

I rebuilt my valve body with a Sonnax surecure kit, been about 30,000 trouble free miles plowing and towing and rolling coal every chance I get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo Hoo!

Ordering tonight!!
:D

Tried to order but website said something funny about shipping method and wouldn't let me proceed

:eek:

Well, I've waited this long, what's another day or two

Terry, I just mapquested Hudson NY, is says you are 38 minutes "legal speed" :) from me, after class I'm generally free and free on weekends as well if you need a hand installing it shoot me a PM and we can hook up.

Wow!!

Gracious offer, I may take you up on that one!

And, the way you drive, that should mean about 20 minutes!!

:eek:

I hear that, I don't drive that way much anymore either, and NYS is trying to make up for budget woes by ticketing and fining its way back into the black

So I'm doing the ATT and KOJO ecm, FTB fuel manager and a new cross over while everything is apart

Anything else I should look at?

Thanks again for the offer!!

10k pot no longer needed, h/o injectors if your new ones were stock (no need to remove, just when they wear out I'd go with h/o replacements) and WMI, then brake upgrades to make it stop :) I'm not sure how that ATT will perform with a 3" exhaust, it may need to go to 4" but we'll see, what kind of muffler is on your 3" setup.

You definately want 4" exhaust with ATT. It spools slower so you need as little pressure on the exhaust side as possible to get it going good and to reach higher boost.

Back