• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anybody interested in a $50K race?

Cumminalong

Doghouse Diesel Performance
Reaction score
If this is out of line, please delete it.

The folks over on CompD are lining up a 100 truck, $50K payout race for this spring at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Bradenton, FL.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96201

The basic rules are:

Single turbo, no larger than 66mm
6000 lbs MIN, any body configuration (pickup, rail, roadster, etc.)
Any suspension
DOT tires (cheater slicks are okay, full slicks are a no go)
Motor / trans combo must match (i.e. Duramax w/ Ally, Cummins w/48, Ford w/....well, does that really matter). No Lenco's or Auto Clutches.
DIESEL FUEL ONLY. No water, no meth, no nitrous, no propane, no farting in front of the intake, etc.
3 qualify passes to make the top 16. Top 16 will be elimination.

This is intended to be a sponsored event. It's a racers buy in....$500 x 100 racers = $50K pot, $25K going to first place, $10k for second, the 3 - 16 trucks receive $1071.00

I'm not running my truck......yet anyways, as it requires a single 66 and I have twins with the big one being a 71 and that's gonna be getting bigger this winter. But, I am thinking about putting a 66 on it just for this.

Here is what I propose. I know a few of you guys have some fairly quick, light Duramax's (which is what I see winning this event, simply due to the weight and turbo restrictions). Is anyone interested in running this event that can meet those quals and has actually raced before? If you are, and you have a truck that is AT LEAST into the 11's, has a trans that can hold up to 6 passes and can cut a .400 pro tree light, I'll foot the $500 for you to run (ya just gotta run a few Doghouse logo's one the truck for the event). Only stipulation is that if you place, we split the winnings.

Anybody wanna throw down? You have 5 months to get your truck ready.

:thumbsup:

I would attempt it if I had a truck to do it with.

Sounds like a good deal.

Here is what I see happening with this.

This race is going to come down to the truck that is reliable enough to make the passes, the driver that can cut a pro tree light, and a truck that runs low 11's.

Driver, tuning and suspension setup are gonna win this one.

I'm half tempted to toss a 66 on mine and get a driver that weighs 150 lbs to run it.

I'd need to strip a ton of weight though. My truck tips the scales at 7280 with me in it and a half tank of fuel.

I really see this coming down to a reg cab, long bed, 4x4 LBZ with some MT ET Streets and some CalTracs on it.

Here is what I see happening with this.

This race is going to come down to the truck that is reliable enough to make the passes, the driver that can cut a pro tree light, and a truck that runs low 11's.

Driver, tuning and suspension setup are gonna win this one.

I'm half tempted to toss a 66 on mine and get a driver that weighs 150 lbs to run it.

I'd need to strip a ton of weight though. My truck tips the scales at 7280 with me in it and a half tank of fuel.

I really see this coming down to a reg cab, long bed, 4x4 LBZ with some MT ET Streets and some CalTracs on it.

I would say go for it..

You have the knowledge and supporting mods. :cool:

Why diesel fuel...? :hihi:

OK, lemme finish the 6.2 build and bolt up the heads..., look out everybody. :rolleyes5:

I'd be interested in being a front end loader operator to scoop up all the parts. :thumbsup:

If my build is complete by then, I may be interested...I just need to finish buying some more parts and then getting the machine work done...I'm hoping to be running after Thanksgiving... Christmas at the latest...I just keep moving more parts from the wish list to purchases...it's costing more than I had planned thats for sure...

Quite a few over at McRats forum are talking about coming down this way for this as well. Trents even talking about going back to a single charger and adding some weight and coming down for this race. Unfortunately though the large purse is making this into a big dollar deal. I plan on going regardless to watch as its nice to finally have some of this stuff in my back yard. Even closer for Nick.

As soon as I saw this I just KNEW it was gonna turn out to be a contest to see who could buy the most power...
Sure would like to see a shootout like this though!

I'd sure love to be down there for it, just to watch. Sounds like a whole lot of fun! And the timing sounds pretty good as well. Decisions decisions decisions.

The big thing is, for the guys that are building trucks for the event, there's not gonna be a lt of test time available.

The guys that live up north or at higher elevations are pretty much done running for the year and won't be able to T&T prior to the event.

This is going to come down to trucks that are already built and have a tried and tested setup.

All the guys that are building things specifcally for the event..... I think there are gonna be some hurt feelings when an untested setup sits at the line and just blows the tires off.

small time guys save your money, MANY people will be showing up with their big single pulling trucks just making the tech and their chargers bushed down to 66mm their 3.0+ chargers even bushed down will outflow ANY stock 2.6

That's the thing, bushings aren't allowed unless the compressor wheel protrudes into the bushing at least 1/8. That means cut wheels, so it's not as simple as just making a bushing and stuffing it in.

The thing with the sled pullers is 1 - most are manuals, 2 - they're not setup for the track, 3 - they're heavy and need to get put on a diet.

This is gonna go to a 2WD reg cab fullsize truck or a 2WD ext cab small truck. It's gonna have ET Streets on it. It's gonna have an off the shelf 66. And it's gonna have a reliable transmission that canmake it through the day. And it's gonna run low 11's / high 10's.

there are a lot of duri guys out there that already have a cut wheel 2.6 charger with bushing. and most duri sled pullers are running the allison. but like you said most of them are heavy and 99.9% are 4wd. 4wd only adds about 250lbs to these trucks which equates to just over .1 et, the real loss is the parasitic loss in the driveline which without being able to run a true slick will be made up in traction. most of the guys who are dedicated duri drag racers are going with twins so they will have to drop to a single. so for somebody with a duri to be competitive they are going to need a shit ton of nitrous and a piston / rod combo to take that abuse which means at a absolutely barebones built motor at least 5 grand in parts if you do the machine work yourself. this event like all others in motorsports is going to come down to the people with the deepest pockets.

that is the reason i do not sled pull as much as i did in the previous years, i cannot afford to be buying several new sets of tires every season to have a tire for every track and all the other little things that guys drop thousands of dollars on to get through loop holes in the rules around here. it was fun and now it just comes down to $$ :(

Yup, I agree.

There's gonna be some big money trucks, but the race isn't over until the finish line.

Anything can break. Anybody can fall asleep at the light.

Can't win if ya don't race, ya know.

But, that's why I stick to the test and tune nights. No classes, no big buy-ins, no rules (other than the normal safety stuff)......

I wanna run you, you wanna run me, let's get it on. Tower holds the cash.

Last edited:
Hmm....I live in Bradenton....

I'm planning on going down.

HIGHLY doubt we'll run, but if we do I already have a driver for the truck.

More than likely we'll just be watching this one......they gonna be some CAAAAAARNAGE, I know that much.

Back