• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anybody interested in a $50K race?

The downfall to this one is that it isn't limited to just trucks. They've already said that if somebody shows up with a rail that weighs 6K and meets the 2.6 SCHEIDS turbo rule, it can run. Also I know TRENTNELL has said he plans on coming cross country to run his truck, and I believe he ran high 10's on a single turbo before he put his truck on a diet. He is weighing in right now just over 5K IIRC for a 4X4 standard cab truck that is back halved and 4 linked. Theres quite a few guys talking about going to this race that are dedicated drag racers that have trucks running well into the 10's on single turbos. With alot of the talk that I have read about how much these legal clipped wheel 2.6 turbos cost, I can say for certain I couldn't afford to play. These guys are dumping more money into a turbo than I have in my trans.

cumminalong you are absolutely right :)

ferminator, i have a couple friends who have spent more on a turbo then i spent on building my SPARE motor lol

The time is getting near, who here is going to try and go to at least watch? I plan on being there with the BURB as there is talk of possibly bringing in a dyno.

I wish it was one week later...I will be down in the Orlando area for a week starting the first weekend in March...

Got a look at one of the turbos that'll be going a certain 6.7L drag truck.

It's one of Sheid's cut wheel 2.6 pulling turbos.

That's a DAMN big 66.

you need to drag Nicks a$$ out there to get his mind on trucks again...

Nah, we just need to LBZ his camaro is all. Now that would make a sleeper and a half. If they can make a MUSTANG break records, think what his CAMARO could do.

I'm working all weekend. If this is friday night, I *might* be able to shoot out for a few minutes. While the track is in my district, it's not in my zone and kind of a hike from where I'm assigned. If anyone is BBQ-ing, let me know and I'll plan on being out there at a given time to eat all your food.

Someone call me and give me details, otherwise I'll forget and not get to see anyone. This is friday and saturday or just friday night?

I didn't have the heart to break the news to Ferm...

I guess i know now. He even swapped to a (cough)DODGE. And it's Friday(11-3 test and tune, 4+ is 1st round qualifying) and Saturday(10 is 2nd round qualifying, noon is 3rd round qualifying, 2:30 is when the actual racing starts for eliminations and the gamblers race starts at 3 in between super stock rounds).

Gonna be out there tommorrow about 2 or so hopefully with another forum member. This race is going to be interesting as the test and tune session tonight already yielded a couple of passes in the 10's.

there was a duramax in the final... CamoMax red lighted and lost with a faster time in the final race...

He redlighted, but ran a 11.13 to the DODGE's 11.03 that won. It looked like to me that his converter was giving out as they were using towels packed with ice between rounds to cool his trans and converter. He staged and started coming up on boost and it lurched right after they had both staged. At least he ran it out the back door despite knowing he redlighted. He had ran a 10.73? earlier on in the day with it which is pretty quick for an extended cab 4X4 2500. The SCHEIDS truck that was the #1 qualifier also redlighted early on against the slowest qualifier. Watching the SCHEIDS pro truck run was something else now. It turned in a 8.05, 7.96, and a 7.94 on SATURDAY. I'm surprised teh fire department didn't get called a couple of times from all of the black smoke bellowing out at times.

Back