• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Allison 2000 (July '01 Build) 4x4 conversion

jltait

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the parts list or point me in the direction to find a parts list to convert an Allison 2000 to 4x4 with a park pawl, while retaining the low ratio (wide ratio) the 2000 offers if possible. I know I will need a 4x4 extension housing, output shaft, c5 piston. I just don't know what planetary parts I need in the P3 to keep the wide ratio, or even if it exists.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what all you would need. I know the GM extension housing uses GM's proprietary C5 piston and output shaft. I just don't know if you can interchange them or not.

Rockabillyrat

Reaction score
I've converted a 4wd 1000 to a 2wd 2000 before. You cant do the conversion without changing to the 1000 p3 planetary. If you want to keep the low gear ratio do a divorce mount transfer case.

jltait

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I will have to swap out to the 1000 p3 planet then. I do not want to go with a divorced t-case. Rockbillyrat, out of curiosity, what is it about the 2000 p3 planet that the 1000 4x4 shaft wont work, is it the size and or spline count cut into the P3 different between the two? I've worked on quite a few Auto's, but never an Allison so please be patient as I learn.
Thanks again to all who replied. This will be a slow project, but I'll keep this forum updated.

jltait

Reaction score
That's good information about the 4x4 Kodiak's Fermanator. I remember reading they had divorced t-cases....NV273's, I think