• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Adventure Vehicles NW vs Autoworld Motor Mounts

Yes, he is still in business. I personally had problems with the 1st gen mounts. Due to the offset nature of the studs, the engine was allowed to rotate causing the oil pan to contact the lift kit axle drop crossmember.
View attachment 60966View attachment 60967View attachment 60968
I didnt get pics before I swapped them out for the SSOR mounts, but you can still see how much they are twisting. Multiple times I had to readjust them. That was within the first couple thousand miles. That was unacceptable to me. Yeah, maybe polyeurethan would be better, but given the cummins likes to shake things apart naturally, I wanted minimal vibration. I recently purchased DanteGTZ's set of SSOR mounts & will be having the passenger side extended 1" to help center the engine due to how far off center it is. View attachment 60969
I can't help but think removing the diagonals from front x-member to the chassis mounting pads has created an issue, I was suspect of everyone suggesting to cut them out "so mine remained with minor adjustment to the passenger side diagonal. "

Attachments

• DSCI0025.JPG
    DSCI0025.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCI0012.JPG
    DSCI0012.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Got some actual progress done today! The AVNW mounts went in very easy compared to the SSOR. Sure, they're just using the Gen1 isolators, but at least I can now continue on with this project! Anyone want to buy some SSOR mounts at a discount?!!? Hehe.
I see like me you have left the diagonals in, smart move.👍

In my case, my diagonals were both broken already. I only had to cut them off the side frame rails. The front frame crossmember was already broken.

2) I love the SSOR mounts. However, they are off. I fixed this issue by hand threading each bolt a couple threads, then slowly tightening all 16 bolts at once. I had my buddy on one side of the engine tightening the passenger side while I was tightening the driver side. It was a long process. However, this slowly pulled down that 1" gap evenly per side. I will get pics of the result of this when I get back to the states. Whenever that happens to be.

I believe there's a lot of unneeded stress on those mount bolts now tho. I plan on fixing this when I swap the 5.9 12v for a 6.7 p pump motor. I will re-address this issue at that time as well. Unfortunately, I don't know how to weld. I can mock up parts, but can't weld. So I plan on hiring a mobile welder to come out & help me for a day & do all of the welding I need. My father owns a plasma table, so I'm going to have a lot of custom parts made to help me with my project.

Your are stressing the block which is not designed for it........

So I suppose in 1988, the first year of that chassis, a person could have gotten a Straight Six in theory. Still, it makes a person wonder why are these mounts so far off, yet the manufacturer claims that there is nothing wrong with them and that they fit - even though we have here on the Forum two separate examples, with pictures, of installs where they do NOT fit the application they're supposed to.

Hmmm.
Lower conversion mounts for GMT400/425/435 using 1st gen Cummins mount came slotted so the diesel could be adjusted by the end user this is why I used them.

would like to get your 2 cents on the weld for the 2 mounts you see in the picture. I find the left one looks well done compare to the right which looks skimpy, i still believe thy will do the job. As you can see the right one is in my hand and you know the rest lol. ThanksIMG_5109.JPG

Well, when it comes to welds, size doesn't matter as much as penetration and flow. Yes, the left one looks very pretty and has a decent stitching pattern which indicates good penetration and flow between the two pieces and the wire. The one in your hand appears to have decent penetration, but the bead has variations in the stitching and some apparent gaps in the bead, too. How structurally sound is this one? I don't think that it'll come apart under use, but it doesn't look as pretty.

thought it should look as pretty for the money :) Not sure how structual sound it is hard to say i guess time will tell. It dont need to hold a tank diesel either haha

Ok, so update ya'll. I purchased the original poster's used SSOR mounts. (Sorry, I cant remember his username rn). Anyways, I purchased his set for a little cheaper than new & I was able to get the SSOR mounts to work by using both "driver side" aka "long" mounts. So now I have two "passenger side" or "short" mounts sitting unused. This also really helped relocate the engine to the center of the engine bay. I'm very happy with the results.

So to those interested in purchasing a set of SSOR mounts, request two driver side or long side mounts. Otherwise you may have an issue. I'm going to contact Paul & see if I can get him to do this for all future orders. Or maybe offer it as an option.

Either way, I'm pretty happy now. I choose to ignore the damage my wallet has suffered.

how is the p pum 6.7 coming along? I read a thread about the p pump swap on a 6.7, the guy said it was a real pain and a ton of custom work had to be done to get the pump on there. maybe someone has come up with a better solution.

I've been trying to work with Power Driven Diesel & getting a newly designed common rail p pump timing cover made. The one offered by scheid works, however, it only works with the early vp44 24v heads due to the casting design in the intake shelf. In order for the p pump to "smoothly" fit on a common rail, the pump must be moved slightly. This slight shift downward is, well, honestly a lot of work. I'm still learning Vectrix & CAD, however, I am trying to get folks to help me out. There seems to be not a high demand for these adapters unfortunately. So a lot of places won't even bother.

Nonetheless, I'll get it done one day. I'm stubborn as all heck, so it's going to happen. Just a matter of time.

Till then, I just got my parts from Custom Automatic Conversions in Florida. I'm very excited to rip this 4l80e out & swap in the ally. I will create a new thread for that.

For those interested, I am working on making a youtube channel documenting my journey & adventures in general. Here's the link to my latest video:

Let me know what ya'll think, thank you!

I've been trying to work with Power Driven Diesel & getting a newly designed common rail p pump timing cover made. The one offered by scheid works, however, it only works with the early vp44 24v heads due to the casting design in the intake shelf. In order for the p pump to "smoothly" fit on a common rail, the pump must be moved slightly. This slight shift downward is, well, honestly a lot of work. I'm still learning Vectrix & CAD, however, I am trying to get folks to help me out. There seems to be not a high demand for these adapters unfortunately. So a lot of places won't even bother.

Nonetheless, I'll get it done one day. I'm stubborn as all heck, so it's going to happen. Just a matter of time.

Till then, I just got my parts from Custom Automatic Conversions in Florida. I'm very excited to rip this 4l80e out & swap in the ally. I will create a new thread for that.

For those interested, I am working on making a youtube channel documenting my journey & adventures in general. Here's the link to my latest video:

Let me know what ya'll think, thank you!
Good luck with that, have you looked into the head the P pump will work with and does it fit the 6.7?

Good luck with that, have you looked into the head the P pump will work with and does it fit the 6.7?

Yup! The earlier 24v heads will work on a common rail block. However, they don't flow as well as the newer 24v heads, which is one of the reasons I'm trying to get this adapter modified & made. Also, I believe some steam ports need to be drilled or blocked off to run the older 24v heads on the newer blocks. I'm not positive on this, however the machine shop in my local area knows exactly what needs to be done. They do a lot of these things for a diesel shop here in Sacramento, so at least they know what they are doing!

Curious why you don't just add compounds and crank up the fuel on the 12V? Just to do something different? I totally understand if that's the case.

Yup, pretty much. A lot of folks have cummins swapped the gmt400 chassis. I have yet to see someone 6.7 swap one. I have yet to really see even a lot of p pump 6.7's. And third, it's rare besides pulling trucks to see p pump 6.7 compounds. All that in a chevy? Yeah, havent seen it.

Wanting to stand out & hey, why not ya know?

I'm going to start another thread based off my truck so as to not hijack my own thread. Lol

Back