• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Team Turbo

With Tim and Slim's work, and their attention to detail and quality, it is an upgrade I want to make!

Turbo is there, actually there twice, 1st time it went there I screwed up and when I put expanding foam in the box to protect it, it blew past the tape I had covering the drain port and filled the turbo with insulating foam :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: had to go out and be taken apart-cleaned-built & rebalanced, then outlet pipe got lost in shipping :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:, then we found out it wasn't direct bolt on, for non ICd trucks when I pulled off my IC for a science experiment, :mad2::mad2::mad2:, took time to grab those pieces & parts to make it bolt on. I think Slim will be sending last of it after the new year, so hopefully Bill will have something in the Spring that will compliment the ATT.

You made my day ):h

Tim or Slim,
I looks like the A-team turbo "sits" closer to the battery than the stock turbo does. I have made my own intake from the stock box to the turbo with little to no room up against my battery.

I could be wrong, but looks closer to me.

Thanks,
Todd

It's not any closer or minimal change, mine clears with factory air filter plumbing, just when it gets rotated toward the engine it has an offset to it for turbo outlet, I had some "hump hose" couplers on either end of piece of straight tail pipe, to plumb mine, not purty but functional, Slim found a vendor that had flex tube in length so it will align to just about any configuration, the install requires yo cut the snout of your upper intake back about 6", and also have to make a cut to the turbo oil drain tube, and install coupler tube on it to make the bend for the offset in the drain.

Come tax season, my rig is getting an ATT, CAI (even if I have to fab one up) and a new turbo-back exhaust w/ new crossover. And a few more gauges, 'cuz I hate ALL of my gauges. Wish I could get one sooner. :(

Wouldnt any larger turbo do the same as this?
has to be sized rite, too big a turbo and there will be lag issues, too small and you lose output at top end GM turbo was a trade on upper end, once you "hit the wall" you aren't getting much gain or you have to drive it hard up psi to get the volume, then bottom end of engine gets stressed ergo lowered CR to 18:1 and high backpressure to drive turbo=lower mpg.

With a big turbo it may take a while to generate enough exhaust gas to drive the compressor sufficently to generate cfm to engine, which means lag and less power off the line until turbo spools up but is better mpg and more efficent power from turbo at same place where the wall is seen with a smaller turbo.

The ATT flows similarly to the TDO-7-22A turbo, as you see in this thread http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?t=2015&page=7 there are some differences between the 2, I prefer the ATT over the Mitsubishi though both are very well suited for the 6.5.

The TDO-7 as stated in opening post of the replacement turbo thread came off a piece of heavy machinery that is constantly "in power band" that is very close to power band of the 6.5, a bigger or a smaller turbo may still be out there that is even better than ATT but I'm pleased with overall driveability with mine.

Oh BTW I just noticed Slim is limited vendor now so PM him with all your sales querries, looks like he is now open for business with ATT

has anyone run 1 of these on a mech. 6.5?....if i was going to get 1 it would be for the 93 1ton....would turnin' the pump up and marine injectors get the same out put as a chipped EFI?

Only 3 ATTs on road right now so not yet:

I had discussed possibility of sending the TDO7 to a buddy of mine that has mech IP, when Bill gets finished with it, mech or electronic IP should make no difference though biggest difference Slim & I have noticed when comparing data is auto trans vs manual there are some slight differences, where apparently you can build boost a little faster with manual because you can tach out rpms beyond where an auto trans shifts, but also coming into play is his 4:10 final vs my 3:73 so some difference can be attributed to that also, we need do get some same configured truck to truck data as well.

mine has 4.10's and 265's...weights 8850 with me in it empty as i do all my towin' and haulin' with it...so i guess i'm closer to slim's setup than yours...my EGT's get up around 1200f when i got my foot in it loaded with 5 ton ...3/4 throttle drops them to a 1000f ...would i see a big drop EGT's with it?

I just got my ATT in the mail. What a great birthday and Christmas present. I have a question for you Slim. Is this a Mitsubishi Turbo or the Chinese knock off you guys were talking about? It has a symbol on it that looks kinda like the Mitsubishi 3 diamond emblem. Or is that the Chinese being clever? looks like a quality kit guys. I didn't know turbos were so GD heavy. WOW

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my ATT in the mail. What a great birthday and Christmas present. I have a question for you Slim. Is this a Mitsubishi Turbo or the Chinese knock off you guys were talking about? It has a symbol on it that looks kinda like the Mitsubishi 3 diamond emblem. Or is that the Chinese being clever? looks like a quality kit guys. I didn't know turbos were so GD heavy. WOW

You have a ATT, only 2 Mitsus running mine & Slim's, & mine is at Heath's and yes Chinese are keen on being close to copying what others make, I'm not sure status of Slim's Mitsu since swapping to ATT

mine has 4.10's and 265's...weights 8850 with me in it empty as i do all my towin' and haulin' with it...so i guess i'm closer to slim's setup than yours...my EGT's get up around 1200f when i got my foot in it loaded with 5 ton ...3/4 throttle drops them to a 1000f ...would i see a big drop EGT's with it?

Much improved EGT

Well, if no one has a Mech w/ NV4500 by the time I get my ATT, I'll be happy to provide whatever information is needed. I plan to add about 5 different types of gauges to my rig, plus do a re-wire job on it. (Kind of sad when my Volmeter drops by 2-3 volts when my turn signals are on.)

Somebody please tell me how I get one of these Turbo's???

All I see on here is how great they are. Let me put it to the test with my truck.
Could who ever sales them please PM me the info and price? Just the simple fact they do not need an IC is great for me. But, how well do they do with a 93 3500 with a NV4500? Yes I have a mechanical injections truck! I have yet seen somebody post up results on a truck like mine yet.

Thanks,

Back