• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Team Turbo

Somebody please tell me how I get one of these Turbo's???

All I see on here is how great they are. Let me put it to the test with my truck.
Could who ever sales them please PM me the info and price? Just the simple fact they do not need an IC is great for me. But, how well do they do with a 93 3500 with a NV4500? Yes I have a mechanical injections truck! I have yet seen somebody post up results on a truck like mine yet.

Thanks,

PM Slimshady, he is now the seller of the ATT---

apparently you can build boost a little faster with manual because you can tach out rpms beyond where an auto trans shifts.

Autotrans shift points can be programmed to chip, they are related to throttle position, so trans can change gears in different speeds depenging how much yous push pedal

I'm planning to do that myself :smile5:
Just waiting my turbo to arrive.. :rolleyes5:
i'm also planning to buy ostrich 2.0 so i could test different versions while driwing.. ):h

Autotrans shift points can be programmed to chip, they are related to throttle position, so trans can change gears in different speeds depenging how much yous push pedal

I know that is why I have sent my Mitsu to Heath so he can optimize the reflash to work with ATT vs GM-8 that the program was built for.

I can't wait to add a re-flash in the Spring. Maybe Heath will be done with the new program by then.

Probably isn't gonna take much tweaking from what he has now, what is there is working, I was just looking for a little "refinement" if possibility is there.

Ya, right now Doc I just have a stock flash so I'm going to have to add a boost fooler in the Map cicuit to keep the sub from coding.

Ya, right now Doc I just have a stock flash so I'm going to have to add a boost fooler in the Map cicuit to keep the sub from coding.

You won't need a boost fooler w/ the ATT. It does more w/ less boost. You won't need a fooler w/ your gm-x turbo either. A boost fooler is only used when you turn the boost up past what the ECM wants to see. A turbo master is much better than a fooler imho.

You won't need a boost fooler w/ the ATT. It does more w/ less boost. You won't need a fooler w/ your gm-x turbo either. A boost fooler is only used when you turn the boost up past what the ECM wants to see. A turbo master is much better than a fooler imho.

X2 go with a TM for now, then reflash, pull that problematic vac pump off for better reliability. Sell the TM & GM turbo once you go with reflash & ATT.

X2 go with a TM for now, then reflash, pull that problematic vac pump off for better reliability. Sell the TM & GM turbo once you go with reflash & ATT.

If he installs the ATT before the reflash, will he not have to do the boost fooler or is the ATT now wastegated?

ATT is non wastegated, and should not need fooling, that said ATT is capable of higher boost for given rpm than GM-X turbo, so may code, both Slim & I have reflashes, so a fooler may be required to keep a stock programmed PCM from setting boost codes.

ATT is non wastegated, and should not need fooling, that said ATT is capable of higher boost for given rpm than GM-X turbo, so may code, both Slim & I have reflashes, so a fooler may be required to keep a stock programmed PCM from setting boost codes.

Since it boosts more w/ less, you should be able to turn up the turbo to the maximum allowed by the pcm without coding. Thus getting the equivalency of 10 lbs (on the gm-x) for the price of 5 lbs (on the ATT). Is this not correct Tim?

Since it boosts more w/ less, you should be able to turn up the turbo to the maximum allowed by the pcm without coding. Thus getting the equivalency of 10 lbs (on the gm-x) for the price of 5 lbs (on the ATT). Is this not correct Tim?

Does the ATT just move a higher volume of air?

Does the ATT just move a higher volume of air?
I am in no way an expert at turbos at best I would be considered a novice. Tim, slim or one of the other guru's would need to confirm what I'm about to write.

IIRC from the original thread, the ATT is much more efficient than the gm-x turbo. For example: gm-x at 15lbs boost will generate exhaust temps in excess of 1200 degrees. You would have a specific horse power generated by the boost. Let's just say for number purposes that it generates 50 extra horse power at 15 lbs boost. With the ATT at 7lbs boost you generate the same 50 extra horse power and have 700 degree exhaust temps.

The numbers I used are for example only. Not exact. They are just to show the difference between the 2 turbos.

Tim/Slim - if I missed the answer to this question I apologize....

What is the ATT backpressure at 12-15 psi boost?

Back