• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 Suburban Build thread

You should be able to do as deejaaa said or set it on some poles and drag it with a 4x4.

The inclosed trailer idea is good. I'll look at it tomorrow to see whats involved. Still need a fork lift though.

Here is the 4bd2 removed from the W4. I would like to find another engine a 4BD1, 4BD2 to rebuild. even a
6BD1 for another project.

4bd2t engine swap 001.jpg4bd2t engine swap 002.jpg4bd2t engine swap 003.jpg4bd2t engine swap 004.jpg4bd2t engine swap 005.jpg4bd2t engine swap 006.jpg4bd2t engine swap 007.jpg4bd2t engine swap 009.jpg

One other thing I was thinking. I may want to put a HE431 turbo on it (need to find one of those). The stock turbo is water cooled (pretty cool) and oil feed also, but the HE431 and all othe turbos I know of just use the oil for lubeycation.
The thought is the use the stock water cooling ports to feed a flat plate liquid to liquid heat exchanger and oil bypass filter. What say you guys?

who's that crazy looking guy in pic 5?
My brother.
He saved my ass today, would not have been able to pull the engine without help today.
I'll check you links next.
The HE431 is supossed to be a great turbo for the 4bd. It has a full 4" outlet on the exhaust. Im just going on the recomendations of a guy that was putting 850# of tq to the ground with a 4bd1. Some of the HE431 are VG but the one I saw was not.

Latest update: Got the driver door latch replaced with a new one. Cost $40 shipped.
Also, got new front wheel bearings (Timken) and greased them up with 100% synthetic grease.

Still working on the isuzu swap. Should be pulling the 6.5 this weekend.

Where did you find a door latch for only $40. I was looking for one over the summer and remember it being a lot more than that.

Got it on Ebay. Great White said he got his from the dealer for $40 I think. Last time I bought one it was $100 with my discount.

Latest update:.......Still working on the isuzu swap. Should be pulling the 6.5 this weekend.
i am looking forward to the swap. can't wait to see it in person.
btw, we're in orlando at disney. will post travels on return.

i think it's time for an update. i see you have the isuzu trans for sale. how is the progress coming along?

I wish I would have taken some pictures, it was a strange site.
I decided to rent a forklift and use the box for storage. I could not grab the box from the side without chaining it down and probaly damaging the box, So I had to lift it off from the rear, but that meant I had 12' of overhang on the forklift. What I did to keep it from tipping off the fork was to install through the bed of the box some large Ubolts that strapped the box to the forks.
It looked like some magic trick with that much weight just floating out there off one end.

Was able to use the forklift for some other stuff around here too. I hopfully will pull the 6.5 this weekend.

any bites on it's sale? i have had the worse luck getting rid of anything. i still have the GM3 turbo. scrapped the tank, i was even willing to give it away, lost money on that one. have a LWB fiberglass camper for sale, 2 weeks now, not one call.

any bites on it's sale? i have had the worse luck getting rid of anything. i still have the GM3 turbo. scrapped the tank, i was even willing to give it away, lost money on that one. have a LWB fiberglass camper for sale, 2 weeks now, not one call.

Don't give up. I posted my GM3 on craigslist for $250. It was on there for about 2 weeks and out of the blue I got a call. It was gone that night and they paid in cash thinking they just got a deal of a life time. :agreed:

On the trans? no, but I just listed it yesterday. I kind of dought it sells even for the asking of $100. It will go to the scrap yard if it does not.
Got any pictures of the camper? My brother might be interested.

No luck on the engine, seems there are no real buyers. So far everyone has wanted to pay $800 for it. My min is $1700.
An IP will cost $600 alone.
Im not sure I want to sell it anyway, I have a couple other projects around here that could use a diesel.

Back