• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 Suburban Build thread

Thank you for the offer. I am lucky to have a wife that is a nurse at the same hospital. They hooked me up with all the good drugs :D just kidding, but I did get alittle more VIP treatment.
Thanks again Marty.

Thank you for the offer. I am lucky to have a wife that is a nurse at the same hospital. They hooked me up with all the good drugs :D just kidding, but I did get alittle more VIP treatment.
Thanks again Marty.

Methodist? My sister-in-law used to be one of the head phamacists there.

Looking Great!!! Those PYO's look a little smaller, probably because the tires are a bit smaller than what was on there?

What is the temp of the stock thermostat? I know hotter = better mileage, but I noticed no adverse affects when I went from 195* to 180* on my Bonneville.

Tire on PYO are a little smaller dia. Stock Tstat was 190* i believe, so I may not get a noticable increase. On the 96 I went from 180* to 195* and increased MPGs by 3 to 4 MPG.
When you say Boniville do you mean "Pontiac" gasser? You probrably wont see much diff on that.

I got my crawfish boiler and some Purple Power out. Time to cook up some 6.5 parts!! Pic to follow later.

Parts boil. Before pictures

Pictures are not in any order but you get the idea. 50% water 50% Purple Power. Bring it up to a boil and salt to taste.

94 suburban boiling parts 007.jpg
Load up the part into basket.
94 suburban boiling parts 002.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 009.jpg
FFM very dirty
94 suburban boiling parts 013.jpg
FSU, you will be amazed at the after photo.
94 suburban boiling parts 011.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 010.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 008.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 012.jpg

Last edited:
After "shrimp boil" pictures

FSU after boiling. What a difference!
94 suburban boiling parts 022.jpg
Clamps and misc bolts cleaned up real good.
94 suburban boiling parts 025.jpg
Right out of the boiler. Raw form.
94 suburban boiling parts 028.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 027.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 029.jpg

Hit the upper with self etcthing primer then my favorite Engine color GREY.
94 suburban boiling parts 033.jpg

FFM What a difference.
94 suburban boiling parts 024.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 023.jpg

Engine cover TURBO POWER

What do you think? did it clean up pretty good?
94 suburban boiling parts 036.jpg94 suburban boiling parts 037.jpg94 suburban boiling parts 034.jpg94 suburban boiling parts 035.jpgK47 air filter mod 004.jpgK47 air filter mod 005.jpg

Last edited:
Some more progress on the K47 upgrade.

Bought the AmsOil Nano fiber filter from Ashton. Looks like a realy nice part. Even us vendors support each other when we can :D
94 suburban boiling parts 003.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 004.jpg

Fits in the K47 box perfectly.
94 suburban boiling parts 005.jpg

Good view of the air filter gauge.
94 suburban boiling parts 006.jpg

Mocked up an a GM-8
94 suburban boiling parts 019.jpg

94 suburban boiling parts 020.jpg

All I need to do now is put it back on the truck.

It does look green in the picture?? but in person its the same exact color as the upper intake in pic's above

Installed kodiak fronts today.

Got the driver front done today. The fronts are alot harder to remove than the rears because of the extra lock rod. The install of the Kodiak front is simple. Much easier than installing the stock type handle.
I think they look great, but I always go for the utilitarian look. All the doors fully close with just a slight push. If you start the door from 6" away from closed position you can almost just let loose of the door and it will close tightly.
94 suburban 001.jpg
94 suburban 002.jpg
94 suburban 003.jpg

Got alot done today

Got a gauge hooked up so I can read my fuel PSI. With the new Walbro it is 10PSI and drops to 5PSI at WOT.

94 suburban grill 002.jpg
Also, got a new OPS and an OPS extension hose installed. The stock OPS is a major PITA on a 94. Not anymore :hihi:
94 suburban grill 001.jpg
94 suburban grill 011.jpg

Got a brand new grill, lenses, park lights and filler panels installed.
This is the before picture.
94 suburban grill 013.jpg
This is the after. See anything different?
94 suburban grill 016.jpg

Got the front air dam installed too.
94 suburban grill 019.jpg
New grill parts.
94 suburban grill 014.jpg

94 suburban grill 018.jpg

94 suburban grill 017.jpg

Everyone will have there own opinion. Mine is the 94&^ Chevy had one of the uglyest grills ever made. But, I think the GMC grill is very nice.
I do like the 92-93 Chevy grill though and it is a throw back to the 1972 trucks. Also, Im bias toward the 93 because that was my first diesel.

Back