• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't like the hub caps. They need to be more unique to fit the rest of the truck.

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question. But where did the dent come from in the passenger cab corner? I read through the first 3 pages and the truck didn't have it, then on page 4 it did. Ive read this thread before and cant believe i just noticed it! I must have been in a daze!

Caps look good
I like the caps better than nothing, just adds a finishing touch kinda thing.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't like the hub caps. They need to be more unique to fit the rest of the truck.
Severe chastisation and ostracizing to follow...:nono:

Or maybe not :hihi:
I'm on the fence myself. I like the socket lugs quite a bit, they really show off the 8-lug aspect but the caps are a bit more finished and subtle. We'll see. I'll probably run them and if they don't please me swap them back.

X2 keep the caps.

How many miles does you have on the mickey Thompson atzs?
They are MTZs and they have just over 40k on them. Which is pretty good considering the amount of towing I've done with them.

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question. But where did the dent come from in the passenger cab corner? I read through the first 3 pages and the truck didn't have it, then on page 4 it did. Ive read this thread before and cant believe i just noticed it! I must have been in a daze!
Ah. That story got caught up in it's own thread or my towpig thread. I was in an unfamiliar parking lot, at night, in the snow. I hit two 4" concrete filled steel bollards protecting a telecom box that was WAY too close to the corner.
IMG_20101218_112404.jpg

IMG_20101218_112347.jpg

IMG_20101218_120746.jpg

IMG_20101218_120720.jpg

IMG_20101218_120755.jpg

I can at least say I gave it a fair share of it's own damage. I've since replaced the door with a used one which ended up being a slightly lighter red. Still better than the dented one.

Just going to put this riiiiiiiiiiiiiight here. From the dunes this summer.

[video=youtube;VolUV4pLLAo]http://youtu.be/VolUV4pLLAo[/video]

I'm still really on the fence here... I'll give them some time. I really need to take my canopy off. I'm tired of it.

Thanks guys. Front caps were easy. Dana 44 hubs were 3 1/4" while the recess of the cap where the logo was at was 3 1/2". So a hole saw worked perfectly.

Sent from my big block powered HTC gas guzzler.

Back