• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

Man nice ride, just skimmed the whole thread.

I have a 3500HD that came stock with those handles, I like them much better than the regular handles, they are way stronger, and easier to use when you have gloves on.

As for your dog, Shepherds are smart, and I know mine is an excelent judge of character, If he doesnt like some one there usually is a reason. I wonder what the reason he went after the maintanence guy was, a dog like that wont just go off after some one for no reason. It has been really bothering me since I read it.

Man nice ride, just skimmed the whole thread.

I have a 3500HD that came stock with those handles, I like them much better than the regular handles, they are way stronger, and easier to use when you have gloves on.

As for your dog, Shepherds are smart, and I know mine is an excelent judge of character, If he doesnt like some one there usually is a reason. I wonder what the reason he went after the maintanence guy was, a dog like that wont just go off after some one for no reason. It has been really bothering me since I read it.

Glad to see you made it over

Welcome, Mr. Beast! This here is the best site around, and you already met Louis, our resident HD expert!

Thanks, Leo, for finding us another keeper!

Jim

Ooopps ... forgot about you, GM guy... seems to be happening to me a lot lately, but I can't remember for sure.:eek:

Haven't done on the 99 itself lately, but I did spent some time giving the other trucks some lovin'.

On Saturday I Replaced the sunvisors, fixed the cruise control and a rear u-joint on the 88. Changed the oil and Installed a diesel bumper and hella 75ff driving lights on the 02.

Then Sunday, managed (with the help of Devin) to get his truck, my 3 trucks and another's friends car washed and vacuumed out. Snapped these picts this morning just before the rain came.
P1110520.jpg

P1110521.jpg

P1110522.jpg

P1110523.jpg

P1110526.jpg

P1110528.jpg

P1110529.jpg

Next up on the 99 is an airdam and a set of combination fog/driving lights I have lying around.

Pictures hide quite a bit still. The 88's paint is good from afar, but far from good. It's not peeling, however is oxidizing on the roof and is pretty heavily scratched, mostly from me taking it offroad.

Luckily rust isn't a huge issue here, all three trucks are good in that respect. Well, the 02 is pretty much clean enough to eat off under it, but it only has 28k on the clock.

you guys are fine, If i got the damn thing running, rather than buy others, maybe it would be mentioned in conversation more! louis, still no luck finding the info for that guy with the dead HD. I am afraid it got thrown away instead of recycled.

to stay on topic, david, did everything get taken care of from the abrasive shingle situation from a while back? they sure do look sharp.

Well, I got the insurance money for them, haven't had anything done yet. I plan to get the 02 fixed this summer once I move and the weather gets warmer, the 88 is probably going to sit awhile as is since I also have a door, cab corner and bedside to fix on it.

Few shots of the truck + trailer last weekend down on the river. Got just a hair under 14MPG towing it. Also managed to swing by the scales, the truck + trailer was around 11800 LBS.

2011-05-01_19-53-33_4.jpg

2011-05-01_19-53-48_872.jpg

2011-05-01_19-54-12_779.jpg

2011-05-01_19-53-10_777.jpg

2011-05-01_19-54-26_569.jpg

2011-05-01_19-53-19_901.jpg

Back