• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Diesel Injector Rebuild

I tried to message the seller about combined shipping as I was thinking about buying multiple kits. EBAY said due to the volume of messages the seller recieved they couldn't process my request. Shipping to here is $39+ and it adds it for each item so that adds up pretty fast.

I tried to message the seller about combined shipping as I was thinking about buying multiple kits. EBAY said due to the volume of messages the seller recieved they couldn't process my request. Shipping to here is $39+ and it adds it for each item so that adds up pretty fast.
Ive, never been stuck on shipping multiple items. Shipping was always combined.

I would be shocked if they do not combine shipping.

That is pretty expensive for shipping.It was $26-$28 for three packs of shims delivered when I made the purchase.I think it’s being shipped by the Deutsch mail system.

INTERNATIONAL FUEL SYSTEMS
They have two locations in ohio.
Phone: 419-423-1447 (Findlay)
Phone: 419-475-5276 (Toledo)

I haven't order parts in a while so hopefully their inventory is good during the supply shortage we are having.

The Toledo location is where I had some injectors adjusted several years ago. The last time I checked they were closed and only working in the Findlay location.

Thanks guys for the replies.These are what I found on eBay.Shows denso on the blue caps and are going pretty cheap.Probably cheap knockoffs as they are only selling for something like $70 for all eight.Just figured I’d let you guys have a look.Thanks for all responses.

Attachments

• A39DCC9B-0C9F-4073-AF7D-954FD766344B.jpeg
    A39DCC9B-0C9F-4073-AF7D-954FD766344B.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks guys for the replies.These are what I found on eBay.Shows denso on the blue caps and are going pretty cheap.Probably cheap knockoffs as they are only selling for something like $70 for all eight.Just figured I’d let you guys have a look.Thanks for all responses.

Like MOOG, Denso has suffered from a bunch of counterfeit parts on eBay and Amazon:

I know this is an old thread.
I have read through it and never did see any information about what the pop pressure should actually be on these injectors for the 6.5 running the DS4 pump.
Can anyone tell me what the pressure should be.
Here is a short video of the one injector that I did get a chance to test.

I couldn't tell what the pressure was on your video but iirc it was 2100 stock and 2350 for marine. although I think Will or someone else mentioned that 2350 on a stock injector would provide a better mist and achieve better mileage and power for a stock engine.

All of the injectors had leaked down some just before pop pressure. They all seemed to chatter okay.
This is the injector from no.1 cylinder hole.
I do believe that this is the one that gave Me the main problem.
It has been so long since I have tested injectors that I dont remember if some leak down before pop is okay.
Yeah, with no way to hold down the tester and pump the handle it makes it mighty difficult to get a video too.

That injector from the no.1 hole had a severe leak down then it did chatter. After it did chatter, it then would only leak down up to 2500 PSI.
Several rapid strokes on the pump handle and it then started to chatter again, but with a bad stream of fuel from the nozzle.

Maybe I will box these up and send them to Les and have Him check and balance them. I have no shims to set the pop pressure with and it seems that I have forgot most everything I once knew about how injectors are suppose to perform.

Back