• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 6.5 td swap

If that's all you know about it don't expect alot for it. Could be the original IP with 230k on it. Got any numbers off the pump?

DUDE! That would be one scary rear view mirror image in a frickin kia or the like! Visions of Madmax, Zombie movies, and any movie of the bad guy chasing down his victim comes to mind.
WIN!

Check and see if there is a sticker on the pump with a date on it. Mine has a date on the pump from when it was refurbished or replaced, I can’t remember which one right now.

I have the sought after one that need built on the shelf but I am hoarding! lol Along with the crossover. But keeping in case the burb goes mechanical. I have a mech 6.2 as well so I have to stash parts as I find them!

can I use 6.2 IP on 6.5 turbo?

Yes you can. You will want to turn the fuel screw up on it though. It will Bolt up just like the 6.5 IP. If you are using the gm turbo then it will work fine until you decide to upgrade the pump or turbo.

Yes a 6.2 ip will work on 6.5.
But you need to determine what power level you need and make sure the ip you get will support it. 90%+ of them will do fine up to 225hp/475 torque.

Talk to either Leroy or Chris two of the sponsors here about what you want because both of them have access to suppliers for pumps

Yes you can. You will want to turn the fuel screw up on it though. It will Bolt up just like the 6.5 IP. If you are using the gm turbo then it will work fine until you decide to upgrade the pump or turbo.
Thanks I hope the pump is good I have a question when u turn the pump should it be easy to turn or have more resistance?

Yeah,you’d think it would be hard incase it vibrates in or out, but they never do.
If you go too much, you just need less pedal. Many crank them all the way, but that makes it easy to blurp some extra smoke.

Back