• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

506 long block for the 96 CCLB.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Christmas has just past, so I'll say Father Time brought this to me :rolleyes5:

Anyway just picked it up yesterday. It sure looks pretty on the outside.
The plan is to stud it, gapless rings, gaskets....ect not to much. What else do you guys suggest?
Im going to have alot of the brackets, tins and stuff powdercoated too.
This motor was out of a Hummer so what pre cups should be in it?

The obligatory pics:
DSCF1188.jpgDSCF1191.jpgDSCF1192.jpgDSCF1193.jpgDSCF1195.jpgDSCF1196.jpg

As toward suggested mods, howzabout finishing up that Banks exhaust system already . . . :poke: :hihi:

Or for pure entertainment, drop it in that Fiero :D

As toward suggested mods, howzabout finishing up that Banks exhaust system already . . . :poke: :hihi:

If you could fab the suspension to handle the weight it would be awesome to see a 6.5 in Fiero. Probably atleast 25mpg and tire frying power! Even funnier a Fiero pulling a travel trailer! :thumbsup:

Its part of the plan. Instead of swaping manifolds Im going to swap the whole engine :nanawrench:

Looks good. Is it a GEP block? Did you get it from Ted's?

I suggest painting it caterpillar yellow, or powder blue, so you'll be able to diagnose leaks easier.

Keep us abreast of your progress.

I suggest painting it caterpillar yellow, or powder blue, so you'll be able to diagnose leaks easier.

The 3rd pic shows the international diamonds, so I think he got a goodun.

Have fun cleaning the paint off the gasket surfaces... :hihi:

The 3rd pic shows the international diamonds, so I think he got a goodun.
Yep has the diamonds :thumbsup:
Have fun cleaning the paint off the gasket surfaces... :hihi:

I know, I have a great tool for that though (3M scotch lock wheel)

Is that motor from Teds?
I have one from them and the add says there from hummers but Margret couldn't say if it was turboed or not.
I pulled the heads to stud it and use +.10 gaskets. The precups were n/a small square dot cups. I replaced them with after market diamonds. Hope to drop it in this weekend.

Yup, I vote for caterpillar yellow too :D

I have always liked Detroit alpine green.

I really like the way my last one came out. Will probably do something real simular.
powdercoating 003.jpgpowdercoating 004.jpgpowdercoatengine 003.jpgpowdercoating 003.jpg6.5 diesel rebuild 010.jpg6.5 diesel rebuild 009.jpg

Is that motor from Teds?
I have one from them and the add says there from hummers but Margret couldn't say if it was turboed or not.
I pulled the heads to stud it and use +.10 gaskets. The precups were n/a small square dot cups. I replaced them with after market diamonds. Hope to drop it in this weekend.
I did get from Teds also. Im betting it has the small cups.
Will the cups from my 96 turbo engine fit in it?

Is that a van engine? If its out of a Hummer and doesn't have the turbo mount, it will be n/a.

Thats very true. Its from a Hummer so Im sure its NA then. You guys think the 96 cup from the turbo engine will swap in? I saw AK (Les) posted different sizes on the cup recently.

Back