• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

506 long block for the 96 CCLB.

Wow. Those motors look to nice to put in a truck. :D I really like the valve covers. Nice touch. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I have another trick up my sleeve for valve covers this time. Stay tuned :popcorn:

If it is from a Hummer or Hmmwv with a turbo, it will have the oil holes in the back for the center mount turbo. No oil holes = n/a.

I got some new bolts today for the engine stand to engine. Should get the heads pulled and block on the stand tomorrow.
Got the head studs ordered up today and some gapless rings.

Engine should run like it's pissed off because the owner painted it FORD BLUE. lol

:rofl: Its "Tarp" blue thank you very much. Im not putting that Ford shit on mine:hihi: Hopfully it still runs like its pissed though:incazzato:

I got some new bolts today for the engine stand to engine. Should get the heads pulled and block on the stand tomorrow.
Got the head studs ordered up today and some gapless rings.

Where did you get the rings and how much? I need to order a set for my GEP shortblock.

Yes I can, when I get them.

BTW I just posted in my sub forum I can get the head studs for $179.99 shipped in USA if anyone needs.
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?41264-ARP-Head-Studs-130-4062-179-99-shipped-in-USA

That's a good price, I paid $180 locally but only because its one of my wholesale accounts.

Where did you get the rings and how much? I need to order a set for my GEP shortblock.

That's a good price, I paid $180 locally but only because its one of my wholesale accounts.

Rings: Well its a wierd deal. My supplier hooked my up with an awesome price, BUT! he did not have them in stock so my price might change. Im waiting for the deal to actually happen before I post a price. Seems as all the manufactures had an increase in pricing this year (thank Obama:hihi:)

$180 is a great price. For me at $179.99 "shipped" I make very very! little

For the rings, I went straight to "Perfect Circle", cost is 10.00$ each ring, you send them your ring, in our case the 2nd ring, and they machine the grove in the ring AND supply the ring that goes in that grove making it true gapless... 1 day turn around....

For the rings, I went straight to "Perfect Circle", cost is 10.00$ each ring, you send them your ring, in our case the 2nd ring, and they machine the grove in the ring AND supply the ring that goes in that grove making it true gapless... 1 day turn around....
got any pics?

My BAD.... Total Seal, NOT perfect circle......

No I don't have pics, they show lots of pics on there site....

Thats the brand I bought, but paid way more than $10 a hole, you sure about that? They will be shooting themselves in the foot. What brand rings did you send them?

Back