• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80e transmission

Is about the 4l80e transmission

• Can someone help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I need help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arthur hodge

Reaction score
Hi how are youll doing Look I have a 97 Chevy 3500 with the 6.5 turbo with the 4l80e transmission I had the transmission start giving me problems it would not shift I only had 2 and reverse I changed the speed sensors temp switch checked the switch so I pulled all the plugs on the trans and cleaned with electrical cleaner and put all the plugs back in place started shifting and then it started it agen I repeated my steps as before but that is not doing it can someone give me something more to look at and if you can email me.@ [email protected]

A 4l80 will have 2nd and reverse with the plug disconnected. So it's most likely wiring or a fuse.

What codes do you have? What was going on before swapping the parts? There is a few things that could cause it.

Its an all electronic trans. You really need to know what the PCMis commanding it to do. Guessing and throwing parts at it is a good way to waste money. I hatesaying it, but you would be m9ney ahead to psy somebody to scan it that knows what they're doing. At the minumum you'll need a good scanner that doesnt just read codes, but can communicate with it as well as allow function control. 0the only things you can really check without a scanner is if all the fuses are good, is power making it to the trans, and are the PCM grounds all good. Otherwise, you needcodesand to see whatit is doing.

Back