• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 GMC HD

Will L.

Reaction score
That first gear is a solid respectable ratio for hard work and off road. And from 1-2 making that jump I think is perfectly acceptable for the advantage in grunt power.

But Having 10 gears, I am a little disappointed they didn’t flow more evenly, and mostly disappointed that the final od ratio didn’t follow suit in the nice rpm drop of 8-9.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Serious grunt for sure taking off.

Chevy is claiming to tow more weight, but all Ford has to do in the new truck is put a rear end gear close to 3.73 or 3.90, heck the 4.30 gear, then what advantage does GM have?
Maybe I am missing something, but both GM and Ford are sharing the same 10 speed, supposedly. The advantage of the 6 speed Allison transmission GM had over Ford is gone?
The engine and power isn't the limiter, it's brakes and chassis that are the limiters, and they're all touting ridiculous numbers for 1 ton trucks as is. 35K+ towing is a load for even a 1.5 ton truck, let alone a 1 ton. And the allison was a selling point, not an advantage, hence why they paid allison to certify there trans so they can continue the allison marketing. The 6r140 torqueshift from Ford and Dodge's aisin have both proven just as durable as the allison.

BIGR

Lucky To Be Here
Reaction score
The engine and power isn't the limiter, it's brakes and chassis that are the limiters, and they're all touting ridiculous numbers for 1 ton trucks as is. 35K+ towing is a load for even a 1.5 ton truck, let alone a 1 ton. And the allison was a selling point, not an advantage, hence why they paid allison to certify there trans so they can continue the allison marketing. The 6r140 torqueshift from Ford and Dodge's aisin have both proven just as durable as the allison.
Great info and makes a lot of sense, stopping power and the ability to handle the load is a very important for sure. I see people hauling excessive loads for the vehicles that their operating and I just shake my head.

Will L.

Reaction score
HUGE brushgaurd. Lots of pipes across the front end and some large pieces of small hole expanded metal...

Pics to think about:
Couple tractors with the right mesh, and some options from flat faced to match To the obscene on the dodge..
But the best one here is the old Chevy. Add that to the front with the mesh from the red tractor behind it and I promise no one will notice the grille/ headlight abortion gm made.5590955910559115591255913