• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Funny how for safety of being top heavy and for safety of the honda you rear end, they lowered frame, extended bubmper system so low, etc. Then when they cant sell new trucks to those who offroad, they do a suspension lift, sometimes accompanied with a body lift...

Long time ago GM made a real contender for an off road vehicle. It was called HUMMER. The smallest was a H3 and a real Jeep competitor. The V8 option in the H3 is nice. The H1's were Overkill esp. the Alpha Duramax powered ones. The Championship Edition 2009 H3 has standard: front lockers with a cast iron axle, rear locker, 4:1 transfer case ratio, and 33" tires for clearance. H3 Alpha's won the Baja 1000...

GM just can't take the publicity HIT that earth stomping non Eco friendly true off road rigs have.

Anyway someone please remind GM that Offroad looks like this and that would include the airtime! (Aka NOT A FORD!)

h3.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/5411715/septuagenarian-wins-21st-baja-1000-title-in-hummer-h3

Looks like the less than a 6 foot bed, I suppose. That would be a deal breaker for me for sure.
That's the "short" bed for the half ton crew's, the 5'8" bed. The 6'8" "standard" bed was available on the half tons in the K2Y body style (14-18) and I can't imagine they're going to take it away again. I'm sure the HD's, which will come out in 2021 by all accounts, will have the 6'8" bed available on all cab lengths, just like they do now. IIRC you can actually buy a 2500HD Reg Cab Short Bed, but not with the Duramax, just the 6.0L.

artists rendering of the GMC from carscoop

2019-GMC-Sierra-Carscoops-0.jpg

One reason I went with a GMC 1500 in 2003, I hated the looks of the 2003 Chevy 1500. Finally the Chevy grew on me, in DEC 2005 I traded a GMC with 13,000 miles for my 2006, 2500HD.

I like the gmc looks better. But to be sure, tell ya what... if you all want to buy one of each and loan them to me- I’ll force myself to do daily comparisons and get back to everyone in 6 months or so.;)

Curious who makes it. I know the 2.8l 4 cylinder is a VM motori, but there 3.0l 6 cylinder is a V6. I'm not finding much out there for small inline 6 diesels, so I'm gonna guess the inline 6 was a typo, and they meant V6. In which case it will probably be the 3.0l from VM motori which was built in a partnership with Fiat. Ironically it has been available for several years, even in a half ton pickup, aka the Dodge eco diesel.. So it will be interesting to see if that is the direction they go or not.

Last edited:
Curious who makes it. I know the 2.8l 4 cylinder is a VM motori, but there 3.0l 6 cylinder is a V6. I'm not finding much out there for small inline 6 diesels, so I'm gonna guess the inline 6 was a typo, and they meant V6. In which case it will probably be the 3.0l from VM motori which was built in a partnership with Fiat. Ironically it has been available for several years, even in a half ton pickup, aka the Dodge eco diesel.. So it will be interesting to see if that is the direction they go or not.

Everyone is reporting I6 thought.. I was surprised myself..

Back