• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 L5P Duramax

I'd sure like one but no way am I financially viable (read retired) to put that much out. Even though I'm way up in miles, the truck still looks and runs great and I don't see alot of big issues so I'll keep doing what I'm doing... Tickling 1000 lb/ft though... WOW!

Working around what I have left of the farm (18 acres). Doing some significant building rehab and repurpose. Keeping busy and also taking it slower now. I'm not able to keep the old pace any more.

God, this is so impressive. I wish I could wait to get a '17, but I'll have to settle for a measly 765ft/lbs on my new work truck, LOL. That and $10k+ off sticker on a lot of them helps too...

They make that small case for motorhomes. It mounts up to the driveshaft. Lowers RPM'S. Works well.
That would be a gear vendors, and they won't sell one to go behind an allison. It's actually a laycock overdrive unit that Volvo used back in the 70's and 80's. It can hold a tremendous amount of torque in forward, but it cannot handle engine braking, hence why they won't sell one to go behind an allison(grade braking would trash one in short order).

Heres a cutaway picture of it. Looks to be ALOT of changes. The biggy is the catalyst mounted directly to the turbo, and you can also see they moved the crank reluctor to the rear on the crank similiar to that of an ls.
14359589_306819683021674_7467998506179887104_n.jpg

Back