• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2013 lost rail psi

MOST of those problems you listed are tuning. Your tune is screwed up causing most all of those electrical issues. Glow plugs failing on the newer trucks is not uncommon every couple of years. I hope you don't have 12 volts going to them, if you do, thats your problem as that is a 4.7 volt system. They start at 4.7 volts and drop to 1-3 volts in under 2 seconds. The water pump is from it setting so long.

I'm not the one that tested the glow plugs but the dealer said they all kicked on and suggested not chasing the cel while it all works.

I'm on the 3rd reflash. I have 1000 miles on this flash. Less smoke, better egt, but still had the rail psi issue. So did I trash the cp3 already? I haven't heard any better ideas on who can tune the cp3

It's on my list. I know it was holding psi under load when it came out of the shop but that could have changed. I will t in a tester when I can stand up with out turning ghost white and coughing a lung up with 102° fever.

Sitting in dr office as I type.

Crap. Take care of yourself Tanner.
Hope you get better soon.

Your lift pumps should feed your tune more than adequately.

I hate reccomending him because of an issue with somebody I sent to him, but Tony at Ridgerunner has posted about this issue and said he has the cax files to correct it. I would check with Danville 1st. He doesn't list it anymore, but his tuning is top notch, I just don't know how much he does with lml's.

I hate reccomending him because of an issue with somebody I sent to him, but Tony at Ridgerunner has posted about this issue and said he has the cax files to correct it. I would check with Danville 1st. He doesn't list it anymore, but his tuning is top notch, I just don't know how much he does with lml's.

Thank you for the tips. I will try to trace down the current issue with rail psi (who knows maybe all my problems stem from that). If it doesn't change I will try one more motor ops tune and if it doesn't help I will try the other tuners (might even try for a refund on my retune fee)

Isnt there a fuel pressure port at the front of these motors? Kennedy had a snap in fuel pressure gauge at one time.

Some have gotten a 10x1.5mm adapter and put it in the bleed screw hole in the top of the stock fuel filter housing. For a cp3 you only want 8-10 psi of supply pressure, anymore and you will have rail pressure issues.

I was wondering what that plug thread pitch was. I was wondering if it was a good placement for the sensor.

Never have gotten all of the adapters to get to the test port but I did buy a T that I put in line with the lift pump, very little psi dead headed. I checked the fuse, relay, voltage at the LP plug, and finally probed the wire right next to the LP.... The wire snapped and had corroded internally. I bypassed the LP and it runs pretty decent as is.

Guess its time to upgrade my Fass. Its only on its 4th truck lol.

Still haven't figured out why I am killing passenger side batteries.

Back