• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2008 GMC Envoy Denali

So unless some of the parts in those drawings are foam or similar type material it allows for unfiltered air to be sucked in when opened, which is probably better than water.

So unless some of the parts in those drawings are foam or similar type material it allows for unfiltered air to be sucked in when opened, which is probably better than water.
The outer layer is a foam filter. Not the best filter, but it also isn't using that filter all the time, just when the bypass valve comes into use.

So I would think you could install a T and simply cap the end of it
Exactly. That was my thought from the start, but then the guy at AEM said they wouldn't recommend that. But after thinking about it more overnight I think that's what I'm going to do as a stop-gap measure......especially since I was able to see the construction of the valve better in the patent drawings. But eventually I want to make my own poppet valve design with a better filtered inlet.

After learning from you guys, I decided to try plastic welding the reservoir. While trying to find some polyethylene tube/pipe, I realized that the jug you buy washer solvent in is made of polyethylene, so I cut the straight middle section out of the jug and then made a cut down the length of it. After that I overlapped it until it was the correct diameter. Then I welded that seam shut. I forgot to take a picture of this part, so hopefully that description makes sense. Then I inserted it in the holes I made previously and started welding the tube I made to the reservoir. I went all around the top and bottom of it. It’s a long, tedious process.....or at least it was for me since it was my first time. You’ll see in the pics that I started using the black filler rod that was supplied in the kit, however after a while I realized I could use pieces of the jug as my filler material so I wouldn’t have black smudges. Well, I got it all welded and.....it still leaks.......apparently I’m not very good at plastic welding. I’ll keep working at it tomorrow, but right now my eyes need a rest.

0B75C7C8-2ED3-4D89-AAA3-A36E3A6E1CD2.jpegD7C6D7B4-8DC8-4DF0-A231-7F3D631FFD45.jpeg88D0B47C-1E96-4D45-A6E8-9B163CCFD01B.jpeg

Ha great attempt for sure , the welders i have used blew hot air so a bit different than a hot tip . I dont know of any plastic fab shops up there the.one i worked at in high school is closed( long time ago) lol

I have both and I like the iron alot better. The problem for me with the hot air was it was too easy to heat up more than I wanted and then it would sag. I would have thought that the washer fluid container would be alot thinner which would make it more difficult

I have both and I like the iron alot better. The problem for me with the hot air was it was too easy to heat up more than I wanted and then it would sag. I would have thought that the washer fluid container would be alot thinner which would make it more difficult
Yeah it’s a bit thinner and I’m sure it isn’t helping me learn how to do it. It’s like learning how to weld on sheet metal. I’m just trying to use the materials readily available to me. If I can’t get this to work, then I’ll go buy a sheet of thicker stuff and try to roll it into a tube.

mines like this one, I like the narrow foot
This is the one I bought. I sprung for the 200 watts.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back