• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
Did a few trips out to Colorado last fall to visit family and pulled a consistent 18.5-19MPG running around 78-80MPH. Zero complaints. I've got about 20k miles on the Continental tires and still loving them. IMG_0039.jpg IMG_0038.jpg
they are just as quiet as the Michelin Defender LTX I have on the wife’s Yukon.

Still putting it to work occasionally …
0F1B0A41-05EA-420E-996E-20151BA0BE43.jpeg
65A3A32C-5C27-4D12-B423-4D475FBEA4C7.jpeg
3CB8CBA6-9BB2-459D-8C33-8B4AE3C09387.jpeg
In another month or so we’re picking up a new travel trailer (Grand Design Imagine 2670k). Should be perfect size for the burb (~32ft and 8500lbs). Also picked up a ProPride 3p hitch (upgraded version of the Hensley Arrow). Plan is to do some extended traveling now that work is all remote. So we’ll get some good towing miles on it soon.

You'll like the pro pride hitch, I have one, and it is a life saver towing a large travel trailer. I went from white knuckle driving running 65-70 in a cross breeze every time a semi went past to 1 hand driving running 75 in all conditions. Just make sure all the hardware stays tight. I ended up taking mine apart and loctiting the 2 large bolts that hold the yoke to the hitch head.

GM SHOULD have done a Duramax Burb from the get-go! NICE job!
If those Continental tires are quiet, what model are they ?
I’ll be looking for some tires within the year and I do not want another set of howlers like what these tires I now have are.
Smooth and quiet.
What are you running right now? I have LT245/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler HT's on my Burb and love them. VERY quiet on the highway, both asphalt and concrete. Great wet pavement tire. Fair in the snow on maintained roads, of course that's what the 4WD is for if needed. Bear in mind these are designed as a rib-tread highway tire, hence the HT. I also enjoyed my BFG Long Trails (the original tread pattern) LT245/75-16 on my work truck. Great All-Season tire, quiet on the highway and got 80K miles out of them rotating/rebalancing every 5-6000 miles.

GM SHOULD have done a Duramax Burb from the get-go! NICE job!

What are you running right now? I have LT245/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler HT's on my Burb and love them. VERY quiet on the highway, both asphalt and concrete. Great wet pavement tire. Fair in the snow on maintained roads, of course that's what the 4WD is for if needed. Bear in mind these are designed as a rib-tread highway tire, hence the HT. I also enjoyed my BFG Long Trails (the original tread pattern) LT245/75-16 on my work truck. Great All-Season tire, quiet on the highway and got 80K miles out of them rotating/rebalancing every 5-6000 miles.
Cooper all terrain tire of some sort. They are a real coarse tread. They were on the truck when I bought it. They are a size or two too big, door sticker says 265/75/16 and these are 285/75/16. Had to jack the front high to stop them from rubbing the corners of the inner fenders when going around a corner and tapping a bump in the road.
Alignment shop told me when I get the recommended size of tires installed and let the front end back down that they can align the front end so it wont have that slight pull to the right. It was pull to the right or cause some weird wear on the tires. I hope they are correct. Its not bad, its just there.

Yeah, some of those A/T M/T tires can be pretty damn noisy because of that high void to tread ratio on pavement. If you really need them because most of your driving is back dirt roads/off road is one thing, if you run them for looks/testosterone boost is another. A good All Season or a slightly more aggressive All Terrain type of tread is sufficient for the vast majority of drivers and the roads/conditions they drive in. Now, you in the boonies of Montana and winter driving most likely will go with a mild A/T type tread that gives you a combination of decently quiet paved driving with good dirt/snow traction with a reasonable wear mileage of 40,000+ miles (if rated, as many LT-sized tires carry no UBTQ rating for Wet Traction, Temperature or Wear like Passenger tires do.

Definitely stay away from generic off-brand tires - almost always guaranteed to be crap that won't last long for wear or fail at the worst possible time.

Example, when I bought my '98 Burb back in December 2010, it had a new set of dealer-installed BCT brand (NEVER heard of the brand before) LT245/75-16 All Season tires with a rib-type tread with three rows of fairly large skewed tread blocks with about ¼" grooves between and large shoulder blocks. They were fairly noisy driving back from North Carolina to Nebraska, as well as the two trips to DC and back with them. At about 12,000 miles on the set, 3 out of the 4 tires slipped belts within a few hundred miles of each other - making for a rather bumpy ride and some seriously dangerous handling and necessitating the purchase of the Goodyear Wrangler H/T's which were a VAST improvement all the way around over those BCT's!

Cooper all terrain tire of some sort. They are a real coarse tread. They were on the truck when I bought it. They are a size or two too big, door sticker says 265/75/16 and these are 285/75/16. Had to jack the front high to stop them from rubbing the corners of the inner fenders when going around a corner and tapping a bump in the road.
Alignment shop told me when I get the recommended size of tires installed and let the front end back down that they can align the front end so it wont have that slight pull to the right. It was pull to the right or cause some weird wear on the tires. I hope they are correct. Its not bad, its just there.
Yeah, that makes them about ¾" wider and an inch taller than the stock, door sticker size. That extra inch can make quite a difference in fit (that's what she said!).

Depends on the model, trim, year and how equipped. LT245/75-16, LT265/75-16, LT225/75-16 (dually), LT215/85-16 (dually) and LT235/85-16 were all factory equipped size tires.

I’ll stick with the cooper brand of tires, just an adjustment of tread design is in order.
All the shop will give is $50.00 a tire trade in allowance and no discount for not having a trade in so, I’ll run these until they are down to a $50.00 tire then let them have them. 😹😹😹

Well we made it back across the country to Duncan, SC. Picking up our new trailer tomorrow. With a few hundred pounds of gear and two of us cruising about 75MPH we avgd 19.6MPG over 2,668 miles. Now we get to see what it will do with the trailer on the way home. Pics and updates coming soon.

Back