• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 K2500 “Krovvy”

The webs rusted through is what it looks like, @ak diesel driver. The two-piece rotors I've personally seen (wrote about in another thread a while back) were from the steel pads' backing plates actually cutting through the rotor until you had the hat with a bit of rotor attached and an outer ring riding above the pads.

Welp. Looks like 3 weeks isn’t happening now. I screwed up pretty good last night. I was flipping the frame over so I could start cleaning up the underside. Come to find out, these frames are heavy and unwieldy!! I got it up on its side no problem, but while In the process of moving it around so I could lay it back down I lost control of it and it knocked me over and landed on my foot. YEOW!!! Luckily it didn’t break anything, but it’s hella black n blue and swollen. Luckily I’ve been able to talk to my doc via email and phone and that’s kept me out of the hospital - a good thing at this time. So I’m on light duty for the next few days now unfortunately. Hopefully after the weekend I can be back at it. In the meantime I’m going to be watching it change colors....it’s kinda like those chameleon paint jobs in the early 2000s!!! Nifty!!

Update: just got off the phone with the doc. With how quickly it’s changing color, it might be a fracture, but I’m still in a wait and see scenario. The good news is he’s a small office (a chiropractor actually) so I wouldn’t be in with sick people if I do go in and he can do a quick exam and then he can send me to a small radiology lab....again keeping me away from most people. We’ll see what happens I guess. Fun!!! Definitely a learning experience - if I had taken 10 more minutrs to just do this in a more safe manner by using tools and machines instead of just brute force, I wouldn’t be in this predicament. Hopefully someone else learns from this as well.

If not already part of the plan, try to keep the foot above heart level as it will reduce stress on the damaged areas and blood vessels. Just slightly above will work.

Yeah, I'm trying to, but it's not something I can do and do my paying work. I do have it up on a foot stool so at list it's not flat on the floor, but it's definitely not over my heart. When I'm not working I'm getting it higher though.

I just had a thought: maybe I need to change the name of the truck to Bigfoot.....or maybe Smashsquatch. 😅 😅

I sure wish I was out there working on it instead laying on the couch watching tv.

Back