• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 K2500 “Krovvy”

Yesterday I had X-rays done. The results came back this morning - no fractures, just lots of soft tissue damage (oh and some arthritis, neat). So that's good news.....it's looking like no surgeries for me, just rest, ice and elevation. I've been doing ice baths 3 times a day and it's helping quite a bit, but all the walking I did yesterday to go to the doctor and such really flared it up, so just now I'm close to back to where I was yesterday morning as far as swelling and pain are concerned. The doctor told me that even though it's not broken a foot injury like this is still going to take 4-6 (and maybe even 8!) weeks to fully heal and I may still end up in a boot, but we'll wait to see until more of the swelling goes down. Hopefully in the next couple days I'm at least well enough to start some light duty work. I can do a lot of the work sitting down I think. Or maybe I'll just get another project to hold me over until I can get back to this hold over project 😁

isobaric chamber is the next project so you can heal your foot in it faster!

If your projects don't have 3 digit numbers: you don't have projects, that's just a lil honey do list.

While the frame is striped you should really consider boxing it in, 10ga with dimple die holes every so often to remove some weight.. it would make for a really nice frame..

View attachment 60127

That’s really cool, but overkill for this truck. I’m going to save work like that for the dually.

What happened to "this is gonna be a 'quicky' drop a motor in and have a farm truck" project?

Well once I got it home and saw that the chassis wasn’t as clean as the body led me to believe it was, that’s when it went this direction. It’s still just going to be a “do whatever” truck when it’s done.

I think I jinxed him...

Damn you, Will!!! 😇

By upstate NY standards, that's just surface rust. "Just a flesh wound"....
Yeah, here too. That’s why I was happy to make a 4 hour round-trip drive to pick it up after just a brief inspection 4 months before - it was in much better shape than most other trucks around here. That’s also why I was so surprised to see the damage to the frame from that dirt clod.

I got out in the barn for an hour today. An hour was enough. Towards the end my foot was hurting a bit - I tried propping it up on other stools and crossmembers, but I couldn’t do it all the time. After I got back in and rested for a bit it was feeling better so I don’t think I overdid it. While I was out there I got the inside of the driver side frame rail and the underside of the rear fuel tank crossmember stripped. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the passenger side frame rail done.

2FB18C6F-5BC9-4B94-B792-DC35712066E5.jpeg88E589A2-29DD-4585-ADCD-F18246A1DFEC.jpegE45BED6B-0068-44AA-A196-446E7C850AF2.jpeg

Got out in the barn for another hour today and I feel better than I did yesterday so I must be making progress.

Today I got the inside of the passenger frame rail stripped.

162671F0-7C54-4264-BABA-A89CE170B77B.jpeg73D93D9C-4496-4951-8CB8-063D637A5143.jpeg3F2A856E-9E33-4146-8331-6715AEF68342.jpeg

Then I started working on the rear/spare tire crossmember.

57E11CDF-A23E-496F-A384-05BF9348F03E.jpeg

Back