• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 K2500 “Krovvy”

So, what's the line in Vegas on Nate doing this "quicky" just like the "quicky" on the Envoy, @Will L. ?

Of course, with everybody going into self isolation to slow the spread of COVID-19, Nate might just need to do a frame-off on this to keep from going stir-crazy.

Then there's finishing up that skid steer project right after that, right @n8in8or ? :hilarious: :smuggrin: 😂 :joyful:🤪

So what’s the definition of “quickly” anyway? I think ya’ll are spoiled by these car shows on tv where they hack a car together in a week with an unlimited budget :joyful:
Like that orange county choppers show, I`d never want to have to depend on one of them things, be more like depending on it falling to pieces while running on the road. Might make for a very bad day. LOL

Several of those shows are/ were Vegas made that I serviced the shops tool wise and some that were Cali made i had friends work at. What you saw was TV, not real life.
Almost all those timelines were nonsense.

I think I enjoy teasing Nate because I did the same thing when I was younger and had all the drive to build the world. Now I’m grey haired & fat with 30 irons in the fire pit and only a candle burning instead of the bon fire it used to be- haha.

Several of those shows are/ were Vegas made that I serviced the shops tool wise and some that were Cali made i had friends work at. What you saw was TV, not real life.
Almost all those timelines were nonsense.

I think I enjoy teasing Nate because I did the same thing when I was younger and had all the drive to build the world. Now I’m grey haired & fat with 30 irons in the fire pit and only a candle burning instead of the bon fire it used to be- haha.
I don’t mind the teasing, in fact it’s kinda fun. I realize I’m kind of ridiculous.

Now that you mention it....I have gotten gray in my beard since I’ve joined TTS. Hmmmmmm......

Nate, "quickly" was in quotes because IIRC, you were just going to do a couple of "quick" things to put the Envoy on the road, and that wound up becoming a complete drivetrain and suspension rebuild/replacement with some body work thrown in, too!

Now, it looks like your "work mule" 'drop an engine into it and go' project is heading the way of the Envoy, too! LOL! Between Krovvy and the skid steer, we should see you again sometime around late June! :hilarious: 😂 :hilarious: 😂 :hilarious: 😂 🤪

Nate, "quickly" was in quotes because IIRC, you were just going to do a couple of "quick" things to put the Envoy on the road, and that wound up becoming a complete drivetrain and suspension rebuild/replacement with some body work thrown in, too!

Now, it looks like your "work mule" 'drop an engine into it and go' project is heading the way of the Envoy, too! LOL! Between Krovvy and the skid steer, we should see you again sometime around late June! :hilarious: 😂 :hilarious: 😂 :hilarious: 😂 🤪
Late June for both projects? Works for me! Sounds like we have a timeline! 😁

You ever go to the shop from Counting Cars there in Vegas, @Will L. ?
I never sold tools at that shop, but a few of his guys you saw on tv worked in other shops i did go to. Of all them a guy that had pink big mustache named Bob (bobwirez) is an amazing hot rod mechanic and a friend of mine. He owns his own shop now in Boulder City For last few years only about 40 minutes away from CC’s shop you saw on tv. He really is like you saw where he wanted proper parts on restorations and if classic hot rod then proper hot rod parts, not a full computerized system on say a goat. Top notch and more importantly honest guy. As for the spiked dude mike he is jot someone that I enjoyed dealing with- just not my style. Danny the “count” is a friendly guy. Dealt with him from many years back before he had the shop, funny guy.

As for punishment for Nate being behind schedule- Maybe the wife gets to choose next project like bathroom renovation!!! Haha

I have stuff on order so if things get worse out there I can stay busy for a little while. I ordered the DEI Floor & Tunnel Shield II from Amazon, the KBS Rust Seal from KBS directly and now I have placed an order for the front suspension parts from @RockAutoLLC.....thanks for the 5% discount!

I didn't get anything done last night because we were told to work from for the next 2 weeks beginning today, so last night was spent making a make-shift home office. I hope to get back out there tonight to continue the project.

Work an hour in the home office, take a 2 hour morning coffee break to go out to the building and work on Krovvy. Go back inside and work from the office for another hour. Take a 2 hour lunch break and back out to work on Krovvy. Back inside the house for an hour to work from office. Afternoon break for 2 hours back out to work on Krovvy. Go back inside to wrap things up for the day in the office. Dinner, then back out to work on Krovvy for the evening, then wind down and bedtime.

Repeat daily until Krovvy is done. See how easy! 🤔 :D

Progress feels slow, but I’ve been trying to pick things up and organize as I go so that’s been slowing me down a little.

Last night I got the trans, transfer case, trans crossmember and rear driveshaft out.

Tonight I got the front differential and half shafts out.

I’ll keep plugging away tomorrow night....

Back