• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 K2500 - $1k Facebook Find

The belt locking up may "mess" with the ECM's "Stall Saver" that dumps some fuel to bring the RPM back up from the unexpected locked up belt load. Less than 2 min run test with the belt off can answer this. May as well pull the t-stat crossover and look for bubbles while you are at it with the belt off.

Tried starting it before the wife got home.

Turned over but it never ran. Tried swapping the pedal back to the one in the truck and it seemed to do worse, but it's also a colder temperature outside, so that could be it also. I went ahead and hooked the battery charger up to recharge. Even though I doubt the block heater works, I'll plug into that as soon as soon as the batteries are charged.

But I feel like I'll be doing a lot of wiring... Also, the plugs are definitely shot, as well as the wiring for them it appears.

I'm considering just getting a PMD and pedal... I hate spending money on a vehicle that doesn't run, but if it fixed there problem, it'd be completely worth it...

20200113_175441.jpg20200113_175533.jpg20200113_175544.jpg20200113_175747.jpg20200113_175754.jpg20200113_175821.jpg20200113_175843.jpg20200113_175848.jpg

Might be they are running around with a spare unit they`d let You try ? Be worth an ask, most they`d do is yell. :nailbiting: 🤣

I remembered that my neighbor's daily driver is a 6.5, haha. Talk about a brain fart. I FB PM'd him and asked and he said "we'll talk later". But I went ahead and purchased the PMD seeing as the extension wires are shady at best and the plug practically fell out when I was checking.

I'll hook the new PMD up, pull the thermostat cover off and give it a crank and see what happends and go from there. Swap the pedals again - see if there's a change. Run down some of these grounds - or at MINIMUM take my volt meter and check from engine to frame, body to frame, body to engine, and all to batteries - just to see.

So - my 2 immediate concerns are: Where do I find the inspection plug to my NV4500 clutch case - because that's missing?

And, what is the hydraulic looking barb that has nothing attached to it? It was located further back - just below the back seat of the cab, I think.

I would just find the thread size and get a plug for the inspection port. Assuming that barb you see is some type of vent. Whomever painted this thing has no taste, blue up top red down low.

Also those starter bolts don't look stock. These pictures are bringing back memories of my old plow rig from underneath.

I think that the sides of the engine block on My 2000 K2500 has a lot of those holes with nothing attached to them. They could have possibly been for marine use.
I`m not seeing the barb fitting pic, unless it is on page one.

Might be a dumb question - but even if the PMD is the issue and I get Leroy's harness and PMD installed - the truck will still have the same symptoms of not starting, right, because it's 30 degrees and the glow plugs are shot? I should probably wait until it gets at least up to 50 or something?

Back