• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 K3500 extended cab dually

@Husker6.5 those poisons are the sole reason I he generation X is indestructible.. if that stuff couldn't kill us I don't think anything will...I saw a video of a girl that was about 23-24 , she pulled out a bottle of MD 2020, and was saying she had heard her dad and his friends talking about it so she wanted to try the stuff her parents drank... All I could think was DONT DO IT . PUT THAT DOWN,!! THAT WILL HURT YOU!! YOU AREN'T BUILT FOR THAT!! Then I thought, actually, go ahead just make another video in the morning so we can laugh at you 😀 😀..
Gen X? Son, MD20/20, Boone's Farm, TJ Swann and all of those were around LOOONG before you were! I was drinking them (well, only TJ Swann if we/I couldn't get some beer or hard alcohol) when I was in high school back in the mid-1970s! They even predate us Boomers!

@Husker6.5 Damn I knew boons farm was old but I thought MD only came out in late 80s.. so THATS the reason y'all had our whole generation of kids y'all didn't really want.. 😂😂. Y'all dont remember making us😂 I can't say anything, neither my oldest daughters mom or I remember meeting each other at a party in 97, and we damn sure don't remember making our daughter. Ironically we're still best friends to this day.. BTW what was up with y'all building us playground rides that were specifically designed to kill us??

Population control if there wasn't any birth control available at the time of the act that got her pregnant and also reinforcing Darwin's survival of the fittest, both physically (surviving the accident) and mentally (not getting on the damn thing in the first place) to improve the species!

Ive seen plenty of times the heads cracked and block was ok. But always good to hear some parts are still alive. I know ya checked them out before installing but it doesn’t mean there wasn’t underlying conditions before you started with those heads.

Where does the current plan and timeline sit?
Yeah.....and it probably didn't help that I had ported the heck out of them - causing walls to be thinner.

I'm fleshing out the current plan, but I think I'm close to having it nailed down. It isn't going to be an all-out build because I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment and I just need this truck to be back on the road and usable.....but I also don't want to be worrying about the durability of the truck all the time.

I found some NOS GM heads, so I'm going to use those. I'll likely just be cleaning up any casting flash and port-matching them. I have another Optimizer block that is in good shape, so I'm just going to hone that and replace the cam bearings. The pistons that came out of the last engine don't have that many miles, so I'm planning to reuse them and have the rotating assembly balanced to hopefully take some stress off of the block.

On the external side, I'm going to install the S366 turbo that I have had for this truck for a while now. That should reduce drive pressure from what I was seeing. I'm also going to install the Yank converter I got from WarWagon because the one that was in it was just way too tight and sucked getting going from a start. I think that will also help durability of the engine because it won't lug as much.

That's the over-arching plan so far.

Yeah.....and it probably didn't help that I had ported the heck out of them - causing walls to be thinner.

I'm fleshing out the current plan, but I think I'm close to having it nailed down. It isn't going to be an all-out build because I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment and I just need this truck to be back on the road and usable.....but I also don't want to be worrying about the durability of the truck all the time.

I found some NOS GM heads, so I'm going to use those. I'll likely just be cleaning up any casting flash and port-matching them. I have another Optimizer block that is in good shape, so I'm just going to hone that and replace the cam bearings. The pistons that came out of the last engine don't have that many miles, so I'm planning to reuse them and have the rotating assembly balanced to hopefully take some stress off of the block.

On the external side, I'm going to install the S366 turbo that I have had for this truck for a while now. That should reduce drive pressure from what I was seeing. I'm also going to install the Yank converter I got from WarWagon because the one that was in it was just way too tight and sucked getting going from a start. I think that will also help durability of the engine because it won't lug as much.

That's the over-arching plan so far.
Will You install the Lock & Stitch tube repair kits in the new heads before installing the heads ?

Back