• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1978 Nomad Trailer Restoration/Project: 88GMCtruck is at it again.

Ill post some pics soon, keep forgetting to take b4 and after pics, but will post some soon,
question....where is your city water hook up? not shure where it is on my nomad?all can find is under the camper on the left (driver) side neer the hot water heater. the other side is the fill hole for the take fillup

Mine doesn't have an actual city hookup aside from the lines under the trailer. I put hose bibs on mine for easy draining.

My 71 prowler had the city water hookups just under the camper by the hot water heater...just like you have found

thanks papperidge, well its not even hooked up inside so add that to my growing list of things to rebuild. I will add pics as soon as i figure out how

Last edited:
my water lines are running under the kitchen sink area,the city cold water hook up was all in copper pipe and hot water looks like riged pipe,but it is cracked in many places so the guy who had it b4 me did the cold water side in pvc. not to happy with what he did so im thinking about running all braded hose for hot and cold.let me know what you guys think about that.going on my first trip with it this weekend so ive been taking care of the lights,bearings and sealing it up. also had to get the water tank ready and getting a new 12v pump,being we wont have the city water fixed by friday. I guy gave me a nice eaz-lift sway bar and weight distrobution hitch system. so i think i got a pretty good deal with this rv. $1,500 and a ton of camping stuff they left inside

Last edited:
Mine is all iron pipe with copper to the fixtures.

I suggest buying PEX pipe (it's grey plastic) that is much better than just about anything else you can think to put in there.

Even better than the braided stuff? im also looking for ease of use, i can bend it around corners and through things?

If you buy the right pex it is pretty flexible. most plumbers don't use any bends when plumbing a whole house. on in floor radiant heat I've made 180* bends to run tubing on a 6"oc pattern. the warmer the easier it is to bend

I was looking at the pex today and may go with that, price is rite, i have to add a city water hookup and for that area of the camper its only about 2 feet and the last owner put a t fitting there so im guessing it was to hook to the city water hookup, for that ill just use a braided hose.but to do the rest of the camper im up in the air

pex comes in diff grades as well pex A and pex B and possibly more the pex As seem to be more flexible. you also need to make sure you use the right fittings for the type of pex your using

cool ill look at it when i go to Home de pot, right now im enjoying csmping in the north ga mountains, well its lose to camping we have internet lol, the nomad did great comming up here real windy today but it did good, but the only thing bad so far is my fresh water hose wasnt long enough but we made it happen.

You might have to put in a couple of bends but I did a whole mobile home with only 4-5 90's The 1/2" stuff will bend about a foot radius. The only pricey thing is the crimper for the bands. Use the bands that side crimp. That way one crimper fits the most used sizes. The other require one crimper for each size or changeable jaws both pricey.

Hey long time no post I am the guy who pm'd you over a year ago who owned the exact same camper.I was going through old book marks and found one from this post your camper looks great.Wanted to let ya know I replaced all my water lines with pex it was cake.Oh and talk about a weird I painted my interior the exact same color.You have really motivated me to get off my butt and get back to work on mine.

as soon as i figure out how to post pics of my 78 nomad ill do it. right now im enjoying a weekend of ruffing it.well umm we do have internet here lol

need help with....

I have a 1991 22 foot skyline nomad bumper pull. It has bunk sleeping in the back. I want to cut out the rear wardrobe closet and install a full size bed. Is there anything structural about a closet? hate to take it out and have my trailer become a fold up? Any ideas

dont remove walls

I have a 1991 22 foot skyline nomad bumper pull. It has bunk sleeping in the back. I want to cut out the rear wardrobe closet and install a full size bed. Is there anything structural about a closet? hate to take it out and have my trailer become a fold up? Any ideas

I wouldnt take any walls out,there for support of the roof i have a friend who rebuild and repairs campers/rv he says never remove a wall unless you plan on putting up some other support. have you checked for wood damage (rot) in that area? mine is a 78 and tons of rot back in the bathroom area floor and walls. you may find you have to rebuild the lower walls and floor anyway

It doesnt appear to be a wall really. It seems to jus be a box with a door attached to the floor. it is attached to the celing with glue and 1/4 round trim

Back