• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1969 IH 1300D 4X4 - Pump Truck

Super cool project! If you ever get west you should check out the NATMUS museum in Auburn, Indiana. In the basement they have a ton of International trucks from the early 1900s up to the early 2000s - many interesting models included like the land speed record semi and a Baja 1000 racer. Your truck would fit right in. Maybe they'll have an IH gathering at some point....if so, your truck would be a cool truck to see in the group. I'd drive down to check that out, for sure (but it's only 2 hours away for me).

Super cool project! If you ever get west you should check out the NATMUS museum in Auburn, Indiana. In the basement they have a ton of International trucks from the early 1900s up to the early 2000s - many interesting models included like the land speed record semi and a Baja 1000 racer. Your truck would fit right in. Maybe they'll have an IH gathering at some point....if so, your truck would be a cool truck to see in the group. I'd drive down to check that out, for sure (but it's only 2 hours away for me).

Not gonna lie I have always had a liking for the Scouts but never really thought I would have an IH truck. Definitely gets your interest spurring once you own a relic like this.

On a side note I did a little cleaning of the interior trash over lunch today. I think I hit the lottery! Granted some of the sheet appears to be missing but a lot of the main info is still legible! Put up the original and a copy (thinking one might be easier to read than the other)
cwIIUih.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

Main issue I still have is trying to find out the year. My Company listed it as a 69 on their BOS, but I really think it is a 70.

Nice indeed, coker makes a nice replacement tire for that rig however; in 16" it's sized 255-100-16 aka: 9.0"x16" at 36.3" diameter......

I would like to keep this a OEM as possible build (as funds allow). But to get this thing on the road I will be purchasing some 96 or older F250/350 steel wheels for the 16'' diameter opening up options for cheap tires. Then I will do some shopping for another gumbo set for the 16.5'' wheels.

I guess we will start out with an easy item (we are awaiting on another colleague to bring in a boat for winter storage then my truck will go in-front of it). Plan is to stop at a hardware store and pick up a new grub/worm screw for the manual choke knob. I was worried that it was gone but another item I luckily found underneath the seat. Looks like the original screw was lost and they installed a flat head, hopefully the threads are still OEM or I may need to drill and re-tap.
RTQQhyP.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

1hbJK6Y.jpg

------------------------------------------------

McSjZPT.jpg

Lesson learned, nothing is easy. The attachment was totally different that I thought. Of course stripped the threads now. On the hunt for a used replacement.
IiUeAPH.jpg

Knob problem temporarily solved. Swapped knobs as the wiper actuator has a flat spot! Set screw shows on the top now but oh well. Will keep an eye out for spares.
ywakrbY.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

Truck is also 20 feet short of the heated winter storage area. Need to get one more thing in there prior and then I can start working on it!
bGJ2Y5d.jpg

Dieselslug , just realized that you're just over the mountain from me. When I saw Alcoa on the plate I thought maybe you were up by Watertown ,cape Vincent area.cuz when my Uncle George (r.i.p.) was at the the cape Vincent fire department they had a truck just like that, but of course I was a kid then. Lol. That's one heck of a project .

Dieselslug , just realized that you're just over the mountain from me. When I saw Alcoa on the plate I thought maybe you were up by Watertown ,cape Vincent area.cuz when my Uncle George (r.i.p.) was at the the cape Vincent fire department they had a truck just like that, but of course I was a kid then. Lol. That's one heck of a project .

Nice to see a local. Yeah this truck has some neat documentable history!

Slowly making some progress:
WdCVeGa.jpg

Hm0P3O3.jpg

j7ROrNL.jpg

Per the IH board it may be easier to take the drum and hub off as an assembly. I am assuming with the chunk broken off the drum that this was removed at some point in its life, but nothing too recent! Brought over my drum brake tools from home today and plan to spend a little time at lunch trying to pop one of these off. Its definitely a tight fit by the shoe adjuster in the back with closed knuckle axles! This truck is built friggen stout.

Forgive me if you already mentioned it, but is that the 345 cu. in. v-8 in your project truck. Back in the 1970s my dad drove a red Intl. pick up that had the 345 in it with three on the tree. It was a company truck, it had a wicked sounding exhaust on it.

By the way nice project your working on there.

Forgive me if you already mentioned it, but is that the 345 cu. in. v-8 in your project truck. Back in the 1970s my dad drove a red Intl. pick up that had the 345 in it with three on the tree. It was a company truck, it had a wicked sounding exhaust on it.

By the way nice project your working on there.

I am almost 100% certain it is a 345. Where it is stamped on the block is very difficult to see in the shop. Right now it has an exhaust dumped before the rear axle however I think it is separated closer to the manifolds as it is DAMN loud.

Got some early morning progress now that the power is restored. Had issues with the drivers side drum coming off and the adjuster not allowing me to loosen it. A cut metal clothes hanger and some bending later got me back in the ball game:
vJeu8MG.jpg

udISohe.jpg

Looks like the wheel cylinder is blown out on this one:
NPf69sH.jpg

OEM IHC Drums:
bD5eLiK.jpg

Broken spring from the passenger side:
s2DZmoR.jpg

Looks like 12'' by 3'' shoes:
rnzHz28.jpg

My next issue is removing these centering shims on the drive flange. I don't want to mall them as they are soft but I have heard of a tool that helps remove (like a pair of pliers):
2n2ryJu.jpg

Back