• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 LBZ MAF issue

Contemplating upgrades to turbo downpipe, cat delete, and cold air who do you like for cold ?airQUOTE="THEFERMANATOR, post: 504269, member: 343"]K&N would have died years back if not for marketing. In almost every test done on there filters, it has shown the ONLY time they outflow stock filters is right after cleaning. The problem with that is right after cleaning a K&N does not filter that well. So yes your flowing more air, but you are also filtering less of the smaller micron sized debris that destroys your engine. Even K&N will tell you in order for there filters to filter well, they need a layer of dirt on them and a layer of oil applied over it, then they will filter as well as a stock filter does down to the smaller size debris that kills engines. For the LBZ, the stock paper filter has MASSIVe amounts MORE filter media crammed into the can VS the K&N drop in assembly. And there have been several tests done on modified stock whatever trucks taht have proven the downfalls of K&N filters. K&N is a 4 letter word for GM owners also when it comes to dirty MAF sensors and all the troubles it can cause.[/QUOTE]
c

Should Say I Have Not Noticed The Unseen But Totally See The Logic.R2CAre You Familiar With Their Filter System? Not Sure If It's Just Filter That's Liked I Believe It's AFE COLD AIR SYSTEM with The R2C Filter That'sA Cleanable re- Use Filter?
Contemplating upgrades to turbo downpipe, cat delete, and cold air who do you like for cold ?airQUOTE="THEFERMANATOR, post: 504269, member: 343"]K&N would have died years back if not for marketing. In almost every test done on there filters, it has shown the ONLY time they outflow stock filters is right after cleaning. The problem with that is right after cleaning a K&N does not filter that well. So yes your flowing more air, but you are also filtering less of the smaller micron sized debris that destroys your engine. Even K&N will tell you in order for there filters to filter well, they need a layer of dirt on them and a layer of oil applied over it, then they will filter as well as a stock filter does down to the smaller size debris that kills engines. For the LBZ, the stock paper filter has MASSIVe amounts MORE filter media crammed into the can VS the K&N drop in assembly. And there have been several tests done on modified stock whatever trucks taht have proven the downfalls of K&N filters. K&N is a 4 letter word for GM owners also when it comes to dirty MAF sensors and all the troubles it can cause.
c[/QUOTE]
K&N would have died years back if not for marketing. In almost every test done on there filters, it has shown the ONLY time they outflow stock filters is right after cleaning. The problem with that is right after cleaning a K&N does not filter that well. So yes your flowing more air, but you are also filtering less of the smaller micron sized debris that destroys your engine. Even K&N will tell you in order for there filters to filter well, they need a layer of dirt on them and a layer of oil applied over it, then they will filter as well as a stock filter does down to the smaller size debris that kills engines. For the LBZ, the stock paper filter has MASSIVe amounts MORE filter media crammed into the can VS the K&N drop in assembly. And there have been several tests done on modified stock whatever trucks taht have proven the downfalls of K&N filters. K&N is a 4 letter word for GM owners also when it comes to dirty MAF sensors and all the troubles it can cause.

TE="Bgbohunt, post: 504272, member: 17349"]I like the information. this would have to be why I like to keep it clean because I notice it doing that. what do you think about the cold air intake and other filter I mentioned? that makes sense even cleaning it's letting dirt by that I'm not Seeing. it's almost deceptive. at least with a paper filter its new and when it gets dirty you'd see it and discard.
micron area Would Need To Be Greater Inches Of Surface For More flow?[/QUOTE]
R2C

What people dont realize is AC Delco is not GM. GM purchases their parts from multiple mfrs built to their specs. AC Delco spends tons more in r&d than other mfrs in the filter dept. thats why their filters are the best. They are not just the best for GM, they are better tha motorcraft on a ford, mopar in a dodge, etc. unfortunately the cut back on the best oil filter which used to be the best. Not enough marketing as mentioned above.

OTE="THEFERMANATOR, post: 504269, member: 343"]K&N would have died years back if not for marketing. In almost every test done on there filters, it has shown the ONLY time they outflow stock filters is right after cleaning.

for an lbz with a stock trans, there is zero reasons to run anything other than the stock airbox with fender and airbox mods. ppe has directions on the airbox mods, and the fender mod is for gmcs to open the opening in the fender.

I'll Check It Out!OTE="THEFERMANATOR, post: 504284, member: 343"]for an lbz with a stock trans, there is zero reasons to run anything other than the stock airbox with fender and airbox mods. ppe has directions on the airbox mods, and the fender mod is for gmcs to open the opening in the fender.[/QUOTE]
Ill

I'll Check It Out!OTE="THEFERMANATOR, post: 504284, member: 343"]for an lbz with a stock trans, there is zero reasons to run anything other than the stock airbox with fender and airbox mods. ppe has directions on the airbox mods, and the fender mod is for gmcs to open the opening in the fender.
Ill[/QUOTE]
Trans?

Your stock transmission is your limiting factor on your truck after its tuned and has a lift pump
What Can You Tell Me About The Lift Pump As Far As The Most Cost Effective Solution And How The Trans Is The Limiting Factor Or Suggested Reading On Solutions For These Issues?

What Can You Tell Me About The Lift Pump As Far As The Most Cost Effective Solution And How The Trans Is The Limiting Factor Or Suggested Reading On Solutions For These Issues?
? When My EgT's Peak So Quickly After Getting On The Throttle It Could Have Something To Do With Not ,Having A Lift Pump?

Back