• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 LBZ MAF issue

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
I am getting p0101 mass/volume air flow circuit error.

Will a simple cleaning work?

My truck bellows black smoke now, I assume this is the cause

I'd go get MAF cleaner and do that right away. You are still running the stock intake aren't you? If it's an oiled K&N or similar then that's why your MAF is coding.

Good luck! Let us know. At least you have the right filter setup but with the dirt you experience I'm not surprised you could have some trouble.

First problem w/ 268k on the clock. Not bad IMO.

PO had knn drop in, I dropped it out and sold both his filters. Used the $ to buy 3 power cores lol.

They say 100k mile filter life on them, I replace every 25k.

Ashamed to say I found the problem...

a97cbaba88f0e587a2657ed2535bdd8c.jpg

Must have missed a filter change... Oops

New power core installed, ordered 2 more, cleaned maf, and all is well.

Dissected the filter and it had some how gotten wet (been raining a lot lately) and had a decent amount of rye pollen loaded in it.

Last week I got my swather stuck in a rye field and tried to yank it out with my truck, at the same time I had to drive through about 12-18" deep standing water to get a good angle on the swather, I think the moisture caused the glue to loosen then the heavy loading of pollen caused it to fail. Never had that with a power core, that's normal wear and tear for my truck.

Needing an air filter falls under pm not repair class, so idk if your allowed to call this its first real problem yet. If you do, I think it gets an asterisk next to it in the book.

Nice. Two questions. Did you have the white or the blue filter media for the Donaldson Power Core filters? The blue filter media are the better ones with higher mileage ratings. The white filter media are good, but you must change them yearly.
2nd. Where did you order them from and about how much do they go for?

I think the blue ones were discontinued several years ago Jeff. They were part number AC3087 IIRC. The replacement is #29-- something

Yup. They were. I had purchased 3 of them before they discontinued them. I believe you csn still get the blue through Amsoil.

I purchase through amsoil (perfered customer) and my power cores are always white. My cost was ~67

I do change them yearly but the wix must not be near the same quality. The power cores have an X in the back to catch a separated filter.

Back